The Profit Orientation of Microfinance Institutions and Effective Interest Rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Niels Hermes & Robert Lensink, 2007. "The empirics of microfinance: what do we know?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 1-10, February.
- Cull, Robert & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2011.
"Does Regulatory Supervision Curtail Microfinance Profitability and Outreach?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 949-965, June.
- Cull , Robert & Demirguc-Kunt , Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2009. "Does regulatory supervision curtail microfinance profitability and outreach ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4948, The World Bank.
- Hudon, Marek & Traca, Daniel, 2011.
"On the Efficiency Effects of Subsidies in Microfinance: An Empirical Inquiry,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 966-973, June.
- Marek Hudon & Daniel Traca, 2006. "On the efficiency effects of subsidies in microfinance: an empirical inquiry," Working Papers CEB 06-020.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Daniel Traca, 2011. "On the Efficiency Effects of Subsidies in Microfinance: An Empirical Inquiry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/89989, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ahlin, Christian & Lin, Jocelyn & Maio, Michael, 2011. "Where does microfinance flourish? Microfinance institution performance in macroeconomic context," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 105-120, July.
- Mersland, Roy & Strøm, R. Øystein, 2010. "Microfinance Mission Drift?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 2000. "The Microfinance Schism," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 617-629, April.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar, 2011.
"Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 938-948, June.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar, 2008. "Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions," Research Report 08002, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Robert Cull & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Jonathan Morduch, 2009. "Microfinance Meets the Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 167-192, Winter.
- Roy Mersland & Reidar Øystein Strøm, 2008. "Performance and trade-offs in Microfinance Organisations-does ownership matter?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 598-612.
- Copestake, James, 2007. "Mainstreaming Microfinance: Social Performance Management or Mission Drift?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1721-1738, October.
More about this item
Keywordsmicrofinance; global; interest rates; nonprofit;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:41:y:2013:i:c:p:120-131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.