Do regulated microfinance institutions achieve better sustainability and outreach? Cross-country evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yu-Hsiu Lin & Len-Kuo Hu, 2015. "The cyclicality of bank regulation in a general economic framework," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(53), pages 5791-5804, November.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y::i:48:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agustin Villar, 2006. "Is financial stability policy now better placed to prevent systemic banking crises?," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The banking system in emerging economies: how much progress has been made?, volume 28, pages 99-122, Bank for International Settlements.
- Ernest Dautovic, 2019.
"Has Regulatory Capital Made Banks Safer? Skin in the Game vs Moral Hazard,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie
19.03, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Dautović, Ernest, 2020. "Has regulatory capital made banks safer? Skin in the game vs moral hazard," Working Paper Series 2449, European Central Bank.
- Dautović, Ernest, 2019. "Has regulatory capital made banks safer? Skin in the game vs moral hazard," ESRB Working Paper Series 91, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Urs W. Birchler & Diana Hancock, 2003.
"What does the yield on subordinated bank debt measure?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2004-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Diana Hancock & Urs W. Birchler, 2004. "What Does the Yield on Subordinated Bank Debt Measure?," Working Papers 2004-02, Swiss National Bank.
- Kollmann, Robert & Enders, Zeno & Müller, Gernot J., 2011.
"Global banking and international business cycles,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 407-426, April.
- Enders, Zeno & Kollmann, Robert & Müller, Gernot, 2010. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 7972, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zeno Enders & Robert Kollmann & Gernot J. Muller, 2011. "Global banking and international business cycles," Globalization Institute Working Papers 72, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Robert KOLLMANN, 2011. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," 2011 Meeting Papers 20, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Robert Kollmann & Zeno Enders & Gernot J. Müller, 2010. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-028, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Tchana Tchana, Fulbert, 2012. "The welfare cost of banking regulation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 217-232.
- Michael Gavin & Ricardo Hausmann, 1996. "Las raíces de las crisis bancarias: contexto macroeconómico," Research Department Publications 4027, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose, 2013.
"Financial Crises: Explanations, Types and Implications,"
CAMA Working Papers
2013-06, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan, 2013. "Financial Crises: Explanations, Types, and Implications," CEPR Discussion Papers 9329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stijn Claessens & Ayhan Kose, 2013. "Financial Crises Explanations, Types, and Implications," IMF Working Papers 2013/028, International Monetary Fund.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Lind, Ronja, 2020.
"Macroeconomic impact of Basel III: Evidence from a meta-analysis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Ronja Lind, 2017. "Macroeconomic Impact of Basel III: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Working and Discussion Papers WP 5/2017, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Lind, Ronja, 2017. "Macroeconomic Impact of Basel III: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Beiträge zur Jahrestagung 2016 (Witten/Herdecke) 175189, Verein für Socialpolitik, Ausschuss für Wirtschaftssysteme und Institutionenökonomik.
- Ioannidou, V. & de Dreu, J., 2006. "The Impact of Explicit Deposit Insurance on Market Discipline," Other publications TiSEM 693cfa2c-76f1-4304-872f-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Allen Berger & Sally Davies, 1998.
"The Information Content of Bank Examinations,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 117-144, October.
- Allen Berger & Sally Davies, 1994. "The Information Content of Bank Examinations," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies, 1994. "The information content of bank examinations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies, 1994. "The information content of bank examinations," Proceedings 55, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Changlin Luo, 2019. "The Transition of Local Government Financing Platforms in China: Risks, Incentives, and Regulations," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 20(1), pages 221-245, May.
- Engel, Charles, 2016.
"Macroprudential policy under high capital mobility: policy implications from an academic perspective,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 162-172.
- Charles Engel, 2015. "Macroprudential Policy under High Capital Mobility: Policy Implications from an Academic Perspective," NBER Chapters, in: International Finance in the Global Markets, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claeys, Sophie, 2005. "Optimal regulatory design for the Central Bank of Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2005, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Fisher, Paul & Grout, Paul, 2017. "Competition and prudential regulation," Bank of England working papers 675, Bank of England.
- Sabrina Pellerin & John R. Walter & Patricia E. Wescott, 2009. "The consolidation of financial regulation: pros, cons, and implications for the United States," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 95(Spr), pages 121-160.
- Franz R. Hahn & Werner Hölzl, 2012. "Effects of the New Capital Requirements of Basel III on the Financing of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Austria," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 17(3), pages 168-186, August.
- Romero-Ramírez, Erick & Venegas-Martínez, Francisco & Trejo-García, José Carlos, 2019.
"Revisitando los modelos de Birnbaum-Chávez y de Diamond-Dybvig sobre corridas bancarias ¿Las corridas dependen sólo de fundamentos económicos o también de factores psicológicos?,"
eseconomía, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 14(50), pages 7-40, Primer se.
- Romero-Ramírez, Erick & Venegas-Martínez, Francisco & Trejo-García, José Carlos, 2018. "Revisitando los modelos de Birnbaum-Chávez y de Diamond-Dybvig sobre corridas bancarias ¿Las corridas dependen sólo de fundamentos económicos o también de factores psicológicos? [Revisiting Birnbau," MPRA Paper 86198, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hart, Oliver & Zingales, Luigi, 2011. "Inefficient Provision of Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 8525, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heinrich, Ralph P. & Buch, Claudia M., 1999. "Handling Banking Crises - The Case of Russia," Kiel Working Papers 920, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:39:y:2007:i:10:p:1207-1222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.