Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in the Mediterranean: An Application of DEA
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Gutiérrez-Nieto, Begoña & Serrano-Cinca, Carlos & Mar Molinero, Cecilio, 2007. "Microfinance institutions and efficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 131-142, April.
- Daniel Stavarek, 2003. "Banking Efficiency in Visegrad Countries Before Joining the European Union," Finance 0312010, EconWPA.
- Qayyum, Abdul & Ahmad, Munir, 2006. "Efficiency and Sustainability of Micro Finance," MPRA Paper 11674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandrine A. Kablan & Jean-phillipe Boussemart, 2015.
"Bootstrapping efficiency scores of microfinance institutions in West African economic and monetary union,"
AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2220-2232.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Sandrine Kablan, 2015. "Bootstrapping efficiency scores of microfinance institutions in West African economic and monetary union," Post-Print hal-01772380, HAL.
- Widiarto, Indra & Emrouznejad, Ali, 2015. "Social and financial efficiency of Islamic microfinance institutions: A Data Envelopment Analysis application," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-17.
- Bos, Jaap W.B. & Millone, Matteo, 2015.
"Practice What You Preach: Microfinance Business Models and Operational Efficiency,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 28-42.
- Millone M.M. & Bos J.W.B., 2013. "Practice what you preach: Microfinance business models and operational efficiency," Research Memorandum 067, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:107:y:2018:i:c:p:176-188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben Abdelkader, Ines & Hathroubi, Salem & Ben Jemaa, Mohamed Mekki, 2012. "Microfinance Institutions’ Efficiency in the MENA region: a Bootstrap-DEA approach," EconStor Preprints 69525, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Wijesiri, Mahinda & Viganò, Laura & Meoli, Michele, 2015. "Efficiency of microfinance institutions in Sri Lanka: a two-stage double bootstrap DEA approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 74-83.
- repec:ibn:ijefaa:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:212-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simon Cornée & Gervais Thenet, 2015.
"Efficience des institutions de microfinance en Bolivie et au Pérou : une approche Data Envelopment Analysis en deux étapes,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen)
201516, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Simon Cornée & Gervais Thenet, 2015. "Efficience des institutions de microfinance en Bolivie et au Pérou :une approche Data Envelopment Analysis en deux étapes," Working Papers CEB 15-040, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Twaha, Koire & Rashid, Abdul, 2012. "Exploring the determinants of the productivity of microfinance institutions in India," MPRA Paper 45715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piot-Lepetit, Isabelle & Nzongang, Joseph, 2014. "Financial sustainability and poverty outreach within a network of village banks in Cameroon: A multi-DEA approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 319-330.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:88-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wijesiri, Mahinda, 2016.
"Weathering the storm: ownership structure and performance of microfinance institutions in the wake of the global financial crisis,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 238-247.
- Mahinda Wijesiri, 2016. "Weathering the storm: Ownership structure and performance of microfinance institutions in the wake of the global financial crisis," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2016-002, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- KABLAN, Sandrine, 2012.
"Microfinance efficiency in the West African Economic and Monetary Union: have reforms promoted sustainability or outreach?,"
39955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandrine Kablan, 2017. "Microfinance efficiency in the West African Economic and Monetary Union: have reforms promoted sustainability or outreach?," Working Papers hal-01527693, HAL.
- Sandrine Kablan, 2013. "Microfinance efficiency in the West African economic and monetary union: have reforms promoted sustainability or outreach?," Working Papers 2013-25, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Soltane Bassem, Ben, 2014. "Total factor productivity change of MENA microfinance institutions: A Malmquist productivity index approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 182-189.
- Leadaut Edith Prisca Togba, 2016. "Analysis of the Cost-Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in the West African Economic Monetary Union Area," Research Papers RP_324, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Bairagi, Subir, 2014. "Productivity and Efficiency Analysis of Microfinance Institutions (MFIS) in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 67917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Md. Abul Kalam Azad & Abdul Kadar Muhammad Masum & Susila Munisamy & Dilruba Fatima Sharmin, 2016. "Efficiency analysis of major microfinance institutions in Bangladesh: a Malmquist index approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1525-1537, July.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Benito Sanchez & Geoffrey Ngene, 2012. "Scales and technical efficiencies in Middle East and North African (MENA) micro financial institutions," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 157-170, June.
- Shakil Quayes & Baqui Khalily, 2014. "Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in Bangladesh," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1512-1521.
- repec:rss:jnljef:v3i4p3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMicrofinance institutions; Efficiency; Mediterranean zone; DEA; G21; O16; O43;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:trstrv:v:15:y:2008:i:2:p:343-354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.