A Cost-benefit Analysis of Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anwar Shah & Bjorn Larsen, 2014.
"Carbon taxes, the greenhouse effect, and developing countries,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(1), pages 353-402, May.
- Shah, Anwar & Larsen, Bjorn, 1992. "Carbon taxes, the greenhouse effect, and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 957, The World Bank.
- Anwar Shah & Bjorn Larsen, 2008. "Carbon taxes, the greenhouse effect, and developing countries," CEMA Working Papers 583, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Weitzman Martin L., 1994.
"On the Environmental Discount Rate,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 200-209, March.
- Weitzman, M.L., 1993. "On the 'Environmental' Discount Rate," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1625, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- William R. Cline, 1992. "Economics of Global Warming, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 39.
- Ekin, Paul, 1996. "The secondary benefits of CO2 abatement: How much emission reduction do they justify?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 13-24, January.
- Peter Hoeller & Jonathan Coppel, 1992. "Energy Taxation and Price Distortions in Fossil Fuel Markets: Some Implications for Climate Change Policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 110, OECD Publishing.
- Polasky Stephen & Solow Andrew R., 1995. "On the Value of a Collection of Species," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 298-303, November.
- Stephen C Peck & Thomas J. Teisberg, 1992. "CETA: A Model for Carbon Emissions Trajectory Assessment," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 55-78.
- James M. Poterba, 1993. "Global Warming Policy: A Public Finance Perspective," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 47-63, Fall.
- Samuel Fankhauser, 1994. "The Social Costs of Greenhouse Gas Emissions: An Expected Value Approach," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 157-184.
- Pinedo-Vasquez, Miguel & Zarin, Daniel & Jipp, Peter, 1992. "Economic returns from forest conversion in the Peruvian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 163-173, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Romina Cavatassi, 2004. "Valuation Methods for Environmental Benefits in Forestry and Watershed Investment Projects," Working Papers 04-01, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Octavio Ramirez & Carlos Carpio & Rosalba Ortiz & Brian Finnegan, 2002.
"Economic Value of the Carbon Sink Services of Tropical Secondary Forests and Its Management Implications,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 21(1), pages 23-46, January.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Carpio, Carlos E. & Ortiz, Rosalba & Finnegan, Brian, 2000. "Economic Value Of The Carbon Sink Services Of Tropical Secondary Forests And Its Management Implications," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21776, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sergio Margulis, 2004. "Causes of Deforestation of the Brazilian Amazon," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15060, June.
- Turner, R. Kerry & Paavola, Jouni & Cooper, Philip & Farber, Stephen & Jessamy, Valma & Georgiou, Stavros, 2003. "Valuing nature: lessons learned and future research directions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 493-510, October.
- Weinhold, Diana, 1999. "Estimating the loss of agricultural productivity in the Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 63-76, October.
- Andre Chagas & Luiza Andrade, 2013.
"Opportunity cost of environmental preservation: the case of the Brazilian Legal Amazon,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa13p644, European Regional Science Association.
- André Luis Squarize Chagas & Luiza Cardoso de Andrade, 2014. "Opportunity cost of environmental preservation: the case of the Brazilian Legal Amazon," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_12, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- May, Peter H. & Soares-Filho, Britaldo Silveira & Strand, Jon, 2013. "How much is the Amazon worth ? the state of knowledge concerning the value of preserving amazon rainforests," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6668, The World Bank.
- Sergio L. Franklin, Jr. & Robert S. Pindyck, 2017. "Tropical Forests, Tipping Points, and the Social Cost of Deforestation," NBER Working Papers 23272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lykke E. Andersen & Eustáquio J. Reis, 2015. "Deforestation, Development, and Government Policy in the Brazilian Amazon: an Econometric Analysis," Discussion Papers 0069, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Casse, Thorkil & Milhoj, Anders & Ranaivoson, Socrate & Romuald Randriamanarivo, Jean, 2004. "Causes of deforestation in southwestern Madagascar: what do we know?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 33-48, January.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-05-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2015-05-22 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipe:ipetds:0065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabio Schiavinatto). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipeaabr.html .