Leveraging the Integration of Sales Career Cycle with Brand Life Cycle in Indian Pharmaceutical Firms
This working paper confines its scope to performance of National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS). It examines the progress of NAIS in India and in one selected state, Gujarat. The two dimensions considered are coverage over time and across the states. It is further disaggregated for different seasons. The performance was studied with respect to number of performance indicators, namely, farmers covered, area covered, sum insured, premium collected, subsidy to small farmers, claims made and farmers benefited. The state-wise performance gives the comparative picture of NAIS among the states. Detailed performance was studied for Gujarat. Again the progress was examined over time and among the districts. Though the data shows impressive growth over time it cannot be termed as satisfactory. The coverage of area as well as loanee farmers has been disappointing. The scheme has many flaws. The mandatory aspect has not been appreciated by farmers.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 91 79 2630 7241|
Fax: 91 79 2630 6896
Web page: https://web.iima.ac.in/publications
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William E. Cox & Jr., 1967. "Product Life Cycles as Marketing Models," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 375-375.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-481, March.
- Rink, David R. & Swan, John E., 1979. "Product life cycle research: A literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 219-242, September.
- Homburg, Christian & Stock, Ruth, 2005. "Exploring the Conditions Under Which Salesperson Work Satisfaction Can Lead to Customer Satisfaction," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 35543, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Enis, Ben M. & La Garce, Raymond & Prell, Arthur E., 1977. "Extending the product life cycle," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 46-56, June.
- Homburg, Christian & Stock, Ruth, 2005. "Exploring the Conditions Under Which Salesperson Work Satisfaction Can Lead to Customer Satisfaction," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 60481, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iim:iimawp:wp2010-07-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.