Leveraging the Integration of Sales Career Cycle with Brand Life Cycle in Indian Pharmaceutical Firms
This working paper confines its scope to performance of National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS). It examines the progress of NAIS in India and in one selected state, Gujarat. The two dimensions considered are coverage over time and across the states. It is further disaggregated for different seasons. The performance was studied with respect to number of performance indicators, namely, farmers covered, area covered, sum insured, premium collected, subsidy to small farmers, claims made and farmers benefited. The state-wise performance gives the comparative picture of NAIS among the states. Detailed performance was studied for Gujarat. Again the progress was examined over time and among the districts. Though the data shows impressive growth over time it cannot be termed as satisfactory. The coverage of area as well as loanee farmers has been disappointing. The scheme has many flaws. The mandatory aspect has not been appreciated by farmers.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 91 79 2630 7241|
Fax: 91 79 2630 6896
Web page: http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/publications
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-81, March.
- Enis, Ben M. & La Garce, Raymond & Prell, Arthur E., 1977. "Extending the product life cycle," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 46-56, June.
- Homburg, Christian & Stock, Ruth, 2005. "Exploring the Conditions Under Which Salesperson Work Satisfaction Can Lead to Customer Satisfaction," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 60481, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Homburg, Christian & Stock, Ruth, 2005. "Exploring the Conditions Under Which Salesperson Work Satisfaction Can Lead to Customer Satisfaction," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 35543, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Rink, David R. & Swan, John E., 1979. "Product life cycle research: A literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 219-242, September.
- William E. Cox & Jr., 1967. "Product Life Cycles as Marketing Models," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 375.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iim:iimawp:wp2010-07-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.