Developing the Services Sector as Engine of Growth for Asia: An Overview
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Noland, Marcus & Park, Donghyun & Estrada, Gemma B., 2012. "Developing the Service Sector as Engine of Growth for Asia: An Overview," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 320, Asian Development Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dirk Pilat & Anita Wölfl, 2005. "Measuring the Interaction Between Manufacturing and Services," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2005/5, OECD Publishing.
- Ghani, Ejaz & Kharas, Homi, 2010. "The Service Revolution," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 14, pages 1-5, May.
- Joseph Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2010.
"Services Trade and Policy,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(3), pages 642-692, September.
- Joseph F. Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," Economics working papers 2009-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Francois, Joseph & Hoekman, Bernard, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph F. Francois & B. Hoekman, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," wiiw Working Papers 60, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Perotti, Roberto, 1996. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Democracy: What the Data Say," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 149-187, June.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1987. "Paths of Development in the Three-Factor, n-Good General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 961-999, October.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2003. "Industrial Policy in an Era of Globalization: Lessons from Asia," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 358.
- Gootiiz, Batshur & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2009. "Services in Doha : what's on the table ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4903, The World Bank.
- Jed Kolko, 2010. "Urbanization, Agglomeration, and Coagglomeration of Service Industries," NBER Chapters,in: Agglomeration Economics, pages 151-180 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guna Raj Bhatta, 2014. "Structural Changes in a Small and Open Economy: Evidences from Nepal," NRB Working Paper 23/2014, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department.
- Yothin Jinjarak & Paulo Jose Mutuc & Ganeshan Wignaraja, 2014.
"Does Finance Really Matter for the Participation of SMEs in International Trade? Evidence from 8,080 East Asian Firms,"
Trade Working Papers
24047, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Jinjarak, Yothin & Mutuc, Paulo Jose & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2014. "Does Finance Really Matter for the Participation of SMEs in International Trade? Evidence from 8,080 East Asian Firms," ADBI Working Papers 470, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Yothin Jinjarak & Paulo Jose Mutuc & Ganeshan Wignaraja, 2014. "Does Finance Really Matter for the Participation of SMEs in International Trade? Evidence from 8,080 East Asian Firms," Microeconomics Working Papers 24047, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Guna Raj Bhatta, 2014. "Structural Change and Per Capita Income in Nepal: Empirical Evidences," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 26(2), pages 41-60, October.
- Peter Daniels & Pengfei Ni, 2014. "Urbanisation and changes in the sectoral structure of economic development: the scale of the manufacturing sector in Chinese cities and the shift towards service industry," Working Papers hal-00943972, HAL.
- Claes G. Alvstam & Erja Kettunen & Patrik Ström, 2017. "The service sector in the free-trade agreement between the EU and Singapore: closing the gap between policy and business realities," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 75-105, March.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2014. "Assessing the Experience of South Asia–East Asia Integration and India’s Role," ADBI Working Papers 465, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsServices; structural change; growth; productivity; Asia;
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-10-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-SEA-2012-10-20 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:wpaper:wp12-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .