Unobserved Investment, Signaling, and Welfare
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2008.
"The College Wage Premium and the Expansion of Higher Education in the UK,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(4), pages 695-709, December.
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2008. "The College Wage Premium and the Expansion of Higher Education in the UK," Working Papers 200817, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2008. "The College Wage Premium and the Expansion of Higher Education in the UK," Studies in Economics 0809, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Kelly Bedard, 2001.
"Human Capital versus Signaling Models: University Access and High School Dropouts,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(4), pages 749-775, August.
- Kelly Bedard, "undated". "Human Capital Versus Signaling Models: University Access and High School Drop-outs," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 1999-01, Claremont Colleges.
- Kelly Bedard, "undated". "Human Capital Versus Signaling Models: University Access and High School Drop-outs," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 19, McMaster University.
- Hanming Fang, 2006. "Disentangling The College Wage Premium: Estimating A Model With Endogenous Education Choices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1151-1185, November.
- Ohlendorf, Susanne & Schmitz, Patrick, 2009. "Signaling an Outside Option," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 281, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- John H. Tyler & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2000. "Estimating the Labor Market Signaling Value of the GED," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 431-468.
- Christopher R. Taber, 2001. "The Rising College Premium in the Eighties: Return to College or Return to Unobserved Ability?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 665-691.
- Hanming Fang, 2001. "Social Culture and Economic Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 924-937, September.
- John G. Riley, 2001. "Silver Signals: Twenty-Five Years of Screening and Signaling," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 432-478, June.
- Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1977. "Education and Screening," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 949-958, December.
- Kawai, Keiichi, 2014.
"Dynamic market for lemons with endogenous quality choice by the seller,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 152-162.
- Kawai, Keiichi, 2011. "Dynamic Market for Lemons with Endogenous Quality Choice by the Seller," MPRA Paper 29688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin, 2013. "Unobserved investment, endogenous quality, and trade," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 44(1), pages 33-55, March.
- Flavio Cunha & Fatih Karahan & Ilton Soares, 2011. "Returns to Skills and the College Premium," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43, pages 39-86, August.
- Riley, John G, 1979. "Testing the Educational Screening Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 227-252, October.
- Daley, Brendan & Green, Brett, 2014. "Market signaling with grades," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 114-145.
- Goldlücke, Susanne & Schmitz, Patrick W., 2014. "Investments as signals of outside options," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 683-708.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
More about this item
KeywordsInvestment; Endogenous quality; Signaling; Welfare;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2013-04-20 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EDU-2013-04-20 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2013-04-20 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIC-2013-04-20 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iek:wpaper:1301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kim, Jisoo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ierkukr.html .