Labour Supply and Taxes: New Estimates of the Responses of Wives to Husbands’ Wages
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dostie, Benoit & Kromann, Lene, 2012. "Labour Supply and Taxes: New Estimates of the Responses of Wives to Husbands' Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 6392, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Bradley T. Heim, 2007. "The Incredible Shrinking Elasticities: Married Female Labor Supply, 1978–2002," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(4).
- Osberg, Lars & Phipps, Shelley, 1993. "Labour Supply with Quantity Constraints: Estimates from a Large Sample of Canadian Workers," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 269-291, April.
- Nakamura, Masao & Nakamura, Alice & Cullen, Dallas, 1979. "Job Opportunities, the Offered Wage, and the Labor Supply of Married Women," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 787-805, December.
- Devereux, Paul J., 2007.
"Improved Errors-in-Variables Estimators for Grouped Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 278-287, July.
- Paul J. Devereux, 2006. "Improved errors-in-variables estimators for grouped data," Working Papers 200602, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Devereux, Paul J., 2007. "Improved Errors-in-Variables Estimators for Grouped Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 6167, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alice Nakamura & Masao Nakamura, 1983. "Part-Time and Full-Time Work Behaviour of Married Women: A Model with a Doubly Truncated Dependent Variable," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 229-257, May.
- Paul J. Devereux, 2004. "Changes in Relative Wages and Family Labor Supply," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(3).
- Shelley A. Phipps, 1991.
"Behavioural Response to UI Reform in Constrained and Unconstrained Models of Labour Supply,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 34-54, February.
- Phipps, S., 1988. "Behavioural Response To Ui Reform In Constrained And Unconstrained Models Of Labour Supply," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 88-01, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Pierre Lefebvre & Philip Merrigan, 2008. "Child-Care Policy and the Labor Supply of Mothers with Young Children: A Natural Experiment from Canada," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 519-548, July.
- Angrist, Joshua D., 1991.
"Grouped-data estimation and testing in simple labor-supply models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 243-266, February.
- Joshua D. Angrist, 1988. "Grouped Data Estimation and Testing in Simple Labor Supply Models," Working Papers 614, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Paul J. Devereux, 2007.
"Small-sample bias in synthetic cohort models of labor supply,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 839-848.
- Paul J. Devereux, 2006. "Small sample bias in synthetic cohort models of labor supply," Working Papers 200606, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J. Barry Smith & Morton Stelcner, 1988. "Labour Supply of Married Women in Canada, 1980," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 857-870, November.
- Richard P. Chaykowski & Lisa M. Powell, 1999. "Women and the Labour Market: Recent Trends and Policy Issues," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(s1), pages 2-25, November.
- Emmanuel Saez & Michael R. Veall, 2005. "The Evolution of High Incomes in Northern America: Lessons from Canadian Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 831-849, June.
- Chris Robinson & Nigel Tomes, 1985. "More on the Labour Supply of Canadian Women," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 156-163, February.
- Eduardo Pontual Ribeiro, 2001. "Asymmetric labor supply," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 183-197.
- Nakamura, Alice & Nakamura, Masao, 1981. "A Comparison of the Labor Force Behavior of Married Women in the United States and Canada, with Special Attention to the Impact of Income Taxes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 451-489, March.
- Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins, 2000. "Employment and child-care choices in Canada and the United States," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 435-470, May.
- Nakamura, Alice & Nakamura, Masao, 1985. "Dynamic models of the labor force behavior of married women which can be estimated using limited amounts of past information," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 273-298, March.
More about this item
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-03-21 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-03-21 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-PBE-2012-03-21 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iea:carech:1202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Power). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehecca.html .