A Comparison of the Labor Force Behavior of Married Women in the United States and Canada, with Special Attention to the Impact of Income Taxes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roth, Alvin E, 1978. "The Nash Solution and the Utility of Bargaining," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 587-594, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ledic, Marko, 2012. "Estimating Labor Supply at the Extensive Margin in the presence of Sample Selection Bias," MPRA Paper 55745, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blundell, Richard & Macurdy, Thomas, 1999. "Labor supply: A review of alternative approaches," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1559-1695 Elsevier.
- Atallah, Gamal, 1998. "Les impôts sur le revenu et l’offre de travail des femmes mariées : une revue de la littérature," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 74(1), pages 95-128, mars.
- Hausman, Jerry A., 1985. "Taxes and labor supply," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 213-263 Elsevier.
- Nakamura, Alice & Nakamura, Masao, 1998. "Model specification and endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 213-237.
- John K. Dagsvik & Steinar StrF8m, 2002.
"Analyzing labor supply behavior with latent job opportunity sets and institutional choice constraints,"
ICER Working Papers
15-2002, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Dagsvik, John K. & Strøm, Steinars, 2003. "Analyzing labor supply behavior with latent job opportunity sets and institutional choice constraints," Memorandum 11/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- John K. Dagsvik & Steinar Strøm, 2003. "Analyzing Labor Supply Behavior with Latent Job Opportunity Sets and Institutional Choice Constraints," Discussion Papers 344, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Nakamura, Masao & Hubler, Olaf, 1998. "The bonus share of flexible pay in Germany, Japan and the US: Some empirical regularities," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 221-232, April.
- Steinar StrØm & John K. Dagsvik, 2006.
"Sectoral labour supply, choice restrictions and functional form,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 803-826.
- Dagsvik, John K. & Strøm, Steinar, 2004. "Sectoral labor supply, choice restrictions and functional form," Memorandum 13/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- John K. Dagsvik & Steinar Strøm, 2004. "Sectoral Labor Supply, Choice Restrictions and Functional Form," Discussion Papers 388, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Alwang, Jeffrey Roger & Stallmann, Judith I., 1992.
"Supply And Demand For Married Female Labor: Rural And Urban Differences In The Southern United States,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Stallmann, Judith I., 1992. "Supply and Demand for Married Female Labor: Rural and Urban Differences In the Southern United States," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 49-62, December.
- Bjorn, Paul A. & Vuong, Quang H., 1997. "Modèles d’équations simultanées pour variables endogènes fictives : une formulation par la théorie des jeux avec application à la participation au marché du travail," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 73(1), pages 161-205, mars-juin.
- Louis N. Christofides, 2000. "Social assistance and labour supply," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 715-741, August.
- Benoit Dostie, 2012.
"Labour Supply and Taxes: New Estimates of the Responses of Wives to Husbands’ Wages,"
Cahiers de recherche
12-02, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Dostie, Benoit & Kromann, Lene, 2012. "Labour Supply and Taxes: New Estimates of the Responses of Wives to Husbands' Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 6392, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dickinson, David L, 1999. "An Experimental Examination of Labor Supply and Work Intensities," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 638-670, October.
- König, Heinz & Laisney, François & Lechner, Michael & Pohlmeier, Winfried, 1993. "Do Married Women Base Their Labour Supply Decisions on Gross or Marginal Wages?," ZEW Discussion Papers 93-09, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Audra J. Bowlus & Shannon N. Seitz, 1998. "The Role of Domestic Abuse in Labor and Marriage Markets: Observing the Unobservables," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9801, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Osberg, Lars, 1995. "Le chainon manquant : donnees sur l'element demande des marches du travail," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 1995077f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Huffman, Wallace E., 1990. "Local Labor Market Conditions: Effects on Labor Demand and Wage Labor Supply Decisions of Farm and Rural Nonfarm Couples, 1978-82," ISU General Staff Papers 199006170700001212, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2012. "Work Hours in Chinese Enterprises: Evidence From Matched Employer-Employee Data," Monash Economics Working Papers 10-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Macunovich, Diane J., 1998. "Race and relative income/price of time effects on U.S. fertility," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 365-400.
- Statistics Canada, 1995. "The Missing Link - Data on the Demand Side of Labour Markets," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995077e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Audra J. Bowlus & Shannon N. Seitz, 1998. "The Role of Domestic Abuse in Labor and Marriage Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-114/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:1:y:1986:i:c:p:103-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cara Brown, 1998. "Sexual Orientation and Labor Economics," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 89-95.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:360-380 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Haizheng & Zax, Jeffrey S., 2003. "Labor supply in urban China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 795-817, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:49:y:1981:i:2:p:451-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.