Einstiegsgeld als Gründungsförderung : Teilnehmerstrukturen und Determinanten der Förderleistung (Initial subsidies for start-up entrepreneurs)
"Business start-up schemes for the unemployed have been the focus of much research in recent years. However, not much is known about self-employment programs directed specifically towards welfare benefit recipients. For this latter group, a program granting start-up subsidies for up to 24 months was introduced in Germany in 2005, along with the implementation of Social Code II. Our research report investigates for the years 2005 to 2009 how the group of participants is structured. Specifically, we compare the participants' composition with respect to gender, age, education, nationality, and job-reentrant status to that of all unemployed welfare benefit recipients, based on figures provided by the statistics department of the Federal Employment Agency. Furthermore, using micro data we investigate determinants of the level of the start-up subsidy. Here, we focus on examining how the level of the subsidy varies with the participants' household size and unemployment duration. Legal regulations, implementation guidelines for job centers, as well as more recently a decree stipulate that the level of the subsidy should be adjusted according to these factors." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
|Date of creation:||30 Sep 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Regensburger Str. 104, D-90327 Nürnberg|
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen, 2010.
"Start-Up Subsidies for the Unemployed: Long-Term Evidence and Effect Heterogeneity,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4790, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen, 2011. "Start-up subsidies for the unemployed: Long-term evidence and effect heterogeneity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 311-331.
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen, 2011. "Start-up subsidies for the unemployed: Long-term evidence and effect heterogeneity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 311-331, April.
- Marco Caliendo & Steffen Künn, 2010. "Start-up Subsidies for the Unemployed: Long-Term Evidence and Effect Heterogeneity," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 985, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Baumgartner, Hans J. & Caliendo, Marco, 2007.
"Turning Unemployment into Self-Employment: Effectiveness and Efficiency of Two Start-Up Programmes,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2660, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hans J. Baumgartner & Marco Caliendo, 2008. "Turning Unemployment into Self-Employment: Effectiveness of Two Start-Up Programmes," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(3), pages 347-373, 06.
- Hans J. Baumgartner & Marco Caliendo, 2007. "Turning Unemployment into Self-Employment: Effectiveness and Efficiency of Two Start-Up Programmes," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 671, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabfob:201009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.