Repeated Price Competition Between Individuals and Between Teams
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bornstein, Gary & Kugler, Tamar & Budescu, David V. & Selten, Reinhard, 2008. "Repeated price competition between individuals and between teams," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 808-821, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary Bornstein & Uri Gneezy, 2002. "Price Competition Between Teams," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 5(1), pages 29-38, June.
- Erev, Ido & Roth, Alvin E, 1998. "Predicting How People Play Games: Reinforcement Learning in Experimental Games with Unique, Mixed Strategy Equilibria," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 848-881, September.
- Wilfred Amaldoss & Robert J. Meyer & Jagmohan S. Raju & Amnon Rapoport, 2000. "Collaborating to Compete," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(2), pages 105-126, November.
- Van Huyck, John B & Battalio, Raymond C & Beil, Richard O, 1990.
"Tacit Coordination Games, Strategic Uncertainty, and Coordination Failure,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 234-248, March.
- John B Van Huyck & Raymond C Battalio & Richard O Beil, 1997. "Tacit coordination games, strategic uncertainty, and coordination failure," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1225, David K. Levine.
- J. B. Van Huyck & R. C. Battalio & R. O. Beil, 2010. "Tacit coordination games, strategic uncertainty, and coordination failure," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000393, David K. Levine.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Erev, Ido, 1995. "Learning in extensive-form games: Experimental data and simple dynamic models in the intermediate term," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 164-212.
- Plott, Charles R., 1989. "An updated review of industrial organization: Applications of experimental methods," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 1109-1176 Elsevier.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Gneezy, Uri, 2000.
"Price competition and market concentration: an experimental study,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 7-22, January.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Gneezy, Uri, 1998. "Price Competition and Market Concentration: An Experimental Study," Working Paper Series 1998:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Dufwenberg, M. & Gneezy, U., 1998. "Price Competition and Market COncentration: An Experimental Study," Papers 1998-08, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Gneezy, Uri, 1999. "Price Competition and Market Concentration: An experimental Study," Research Papers in Economics 1999:4, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Dufwenberg, M. & Gneezy, U., 1998. "Price competition and market concentration : An experimental study," Discussion Paper 1998-27, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, May.
- Gunnthorsdottir, Anna & Rapoport, Amnon, 2006. "Embedding social dilemmas in intergroup competition reduces free-riding," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 184-199, November.
- E. H. Chamberlin, 1929. "Duopoly: Value Where Sellers Are Few," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(1), pages 63-100.
- Kirstein, Roland & Kirstein, Annette, 2004.
"Inefficient Intra-Firm Incentives Can Stabilize Cartels in Cournot Oligopolies,"
CSLE Discussion Paper Series
2004-09, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Roland Kirstein & Annette Kirstein, 2007. "Inefficient Intra-Firm Incentives Can Stabilize Cartels in Cournot Oligopolies," FEMM Working Papers 07004, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Gary Bornstein, 2002. "Intergroup conflict: Individual, group and collective interests," Discussion Paper Series dp297, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jgames:v:9:y:2018:i:3:p:41-:d:154562 is not listed on IDEAS
- Han, Johann & Kairies-Schwarz, Nadja & Vomhof, Markus, 2016. "Quality competition and hospital mergers: An experiment," Ruhr Economic Papers 609, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Uri Gneezy, 2005. "Step-Level Reasoning and Bidding in Auctions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(11), pages 1633-1642, November.
- Müller, Wieland & Tan, Fangfang, 2013.
"Who acts more like a game theorist? Group and individual play in a sequential market game and the effect of the time horizon,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 658-674.
- Wieland Mueller & Fangfang Tan, 2011. "Who Acts More Like a Game Theorist? Group and Individual Play in a Sequential Market Game and the Effect of the Time Horizon," Working Papers who_acts_more_like_a_game, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Wieland Mueller & Fangfang Tan, 2011. "Who acts more like a game theorist? Group and individual play in a sequential market game and the effect of the time horizon," Vienna Economics Papers 1111, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Martin Kolmar & Andreas Wagener, 2013. "Inefficiency As A Strategic Device In Group Contests Against Dominant Opponents," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(4), pages 2083-2095, October.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:144:y:2017:i:c:p:121-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Bosman & Heike Hennig-Schmidt & Frans Winden, 2006. "Exploring group decision making in a power-to-take experiment," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 9(1), pages 35-51, April.
- Raab, Philippe & Schipper, Burkhard C., 2009.
"Cournot competition between teams: An experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 691-702, November.
- Burkhard C. Schipper & Philippe Raab, 2006. "Cournot Competition between Teams: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 626, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Lisa Bruttel & Simeon Schudy, 2012. "Competition Within Firms," Journal of Competition Law and Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 167-185.
- Takehiro Ito & Kazuhito Ogawa & Akihiro Suzuki & Hiromasa Takahashi & Toru Takemoto, 2016. "Contagion of Self-Interested Behavior: Evidence from Group Dictator Game Experiments," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 17(4), pages 425-437, November.
- Hildenbrand, Andreas, 2013.
"Is a firm a firm? A Stackelberg experiment,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-26.
- Hildenbrand, Andreas, 2012. "Is a "firm" a firm? A Stackelberg experiment," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-53, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Andreas Hildenbrand, 2012. "Is a “Firm” a Firm? A Stackelberg Experiment," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201229, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Cason, Timothy N. & Mui, Vai-Lam, 2015.
"Individual versus Group Play in the Repeated Coordinated Resistance Game,"
Journal of Experimental Political Science,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 94-106, March.
- Timothy N. Cason & Vai-Lam Mui, 2015. "Individual versus Group Play in the Repeated Coordinated Resistance Game," Monash Economics Working Papers 13-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Max Albert & Andreas Hildenbrand, 2016. "Industrial Organization and Experimental Economics: How to Learn from Laboratory Experiments," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 135-156, August.
- Kurschilgen, Michael & Morell, Alexander & Weisel, Ori, 2017. "Internal conflict, market uniformity, and transparency in price competition between teams," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168057, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Michael Kurschilgen & Alexander Morell & Ori Weisel, 2016. "Internal conflict, market uniformity, and transparency in price competition between teams," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2016_18, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Rudy Santore & Youping Li & Stephen Cotten, 2015. "Colluding with a conscience," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 255-269, April.
More about this item
KeywordsBertrand model; Price competition; Tacit collusion; Experiments; Group behavior;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2003-05-15 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-IND-2003-05-15 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Simkin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crihuil.html .