An Empirical Analysis of Income Inequality between a Minority and the Majority in Urban China: The Case of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Li Shi & Ding Sai, 2013. "An Empirical Analysis of Income Inequality between a Minority and the Majority in Urban China: The Case of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 341-355, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gustafsson, Bjorn & Shi, Li, 2003. "The Ethnic Minority-Majority Income Gap in Rural China during Transition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 805-822, July.
- William A. Darity Jr. & Samuel L. Myers Jr. & Chanjin Chung, 1998. "Racial Earnings Disparities and Family Structure," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 20-41, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Maurer-Fazio & James W. Hughes & Dandan Zhang, 2010.
"A comparison and decomposition of reform-era labor force participation rates of China's ethnic minorities and Han majority,"
International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 138-162, May.
- Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Hughes, James W. & Zhang, Dandan, 2009. "A Comparison and Decomposition of Reform-Era Labor Force Participation Rates of China's Ethnic Minorities and Han Majority," IZA Discussion Papers 4148, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Björn Gustafsson & Xiuna Yang, 2017. "Earnings among nine ethnic minorities and the Han majority in China's cities," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 525-546, July.
- Anthony Howell, 2019. "Ethnic entrepreneurship, initial financing, and business performance in China," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 697-712, March.
- Björn Gustafsson & Ding Sai, 2015. "Mapping and Understanding Ethnic Disparities in Length of Schooling: The Case of the Hui Minority and the Han Majority in Ningxia Autonomous Region, China," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 517-535, November.
- Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Yang, Xiuna, 2016. "Earnings among Nine Ethnic Minorities and the Han Majority in China's Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 10230, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Qidong Huang & Jiajun Xu & Yongping Wei, 2018. "Clan in Transition: Societal Changes of Villages in China from the Perspective of Water Pollution," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-12, January.
More about this item
KeywordsMinority; Majority; Income Inequality;
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2009-01-24 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2009-01-24 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2009-01-24 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2009-01-24 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-01-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:ghsdps:gd08-022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.