The Ethnic Minority-Majority Income Gap in Rural China during Transition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GUSTAFSSON, Bjorn & SAI, Ding, 2009. "Villages where China's ethnic minorities live," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 193-207, June.
- Damir Esenaliev & Susan Steiner, 2012. "Are Uzbeks Better off than Kyrgyz?: Measuring and Decomposing Horizontal Inequality," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1252, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- He, Xiaobo, 2013. "Wages and Access to International Markets: Evidence from Urban China," MPRA Paper 44537, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yano, Go & Shiraishi, Maho, 2015. "Trade credit and ethnicity: Case of ethnic minority area in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 236-260.
- Margaret Maurer-Fazio, & James W. Hughes & Dandan Zhang, 2005. "A Comparison of Reform-Era Labor Force Participation Rates of China???s Ethnic Minorities and Han Majority," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp795, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Castro Campos, Bente, 2013. "Human capital differences or labor market discrimination? The occupational outcomes of ethnic minorities in rural Guizhou (China)," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 73, number 73.
- Margaret Maurer-Fazio & James W. Hughes & Dandan Zhang, 2010.
"A comparison and decomposition of reform-era labor force participation rates of China's ethnic minorities and Han majority,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 138-162, May.
- Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Hughes, James W. & Zhang, Dandan, 2009. "A Comparison and Decomposition of Reform-Era Labor Force Participation Rates of China's Ethnic Minorities and Han Majority," IZA Discussion Papers 4148, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mobius, Markus & Rosenblat, Tanya & Wang, Qiqi, 2016. "Ethnic discrimination: Evidence from China," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 165-177.
- LABAR, Kelly & BRESSON, Florent, 2011. "A multidimensional analysis of poverty in China from 1991 to 2006," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 646-668.
- Murat G. Kırdar, 2009.
"Explaining Ethnic Disparities in School Enrollment in Turkey,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(2), pages 297-333, January.
- Kirdar, Murat, 2007. "Explaining Ethnic Disparities in School Enrollment in Turkey," MPRA Paper 2649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jiaping Wu, 2014. "The Rise of Ethnicity under China's Market Reforms," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 967-984, May.
- Liu, Qian, 2012. "Unemployment and labor force participation in urban China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 18-33.
- Howell, Anthony, 2017. "Impacts of Migration and Remittances on Ethnic Income Inequality in Rural China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 200-211.
- Esenaliev, Damir & Steiner, Susan, 2014. "Ethnicity and the distribution of welfare: Evidence from southern Kyrgyzstan," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 970-982.
- Yingxin Shi & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2015.
"Long-Run Fiscal Multipliers for Autonomous Prefectures in China,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 687-695, December.
- Yingxin Shi & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2013. "Long-Run Fiscal Multiplier for Autonomous Prefectures in China," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 13-10, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Castro Campos, Bente, 0. "Official Ethnic Labels and Non-Agricultural Work in Guizhou (China)," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 53.
- Li Shi & Ding Sai, 2013.
"An Empirical Analysis of Income Inequality between a Minority and the Majority in Urban China: The Case of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region,"
The Review of Black Political Economy,
Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 341-355, September.
- Li Shi & Ding Sai, 2009. "An Empirical Analysis of Income Inequality between a Minority and the Majority in Urban China: The Case of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-022, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Zang, Xiaowei, 2008. "Market Reforms and Han-Muslim Variation in Employment in the Chinese State Sector in a Chinese City," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2341-2352, November.
- Ouyang, Yusi & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 2012. "Health Inequality between Ethnic Minority and Han Populations in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1452-1468.
- Castro Campos, Bente & Ren, Yanjun & Petrick, Martin, 2016. "The impact of education on income inequality between ethnic minorities and Han in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 253-267.
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell, 2013. "Economic returns to schooling for China's Korean minority," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 89-102.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:y:2003:v:51:i:4:p:805-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .