The mediating effects of adulthood socioeconomic status and social support on adulthood impacts of childhood poverty in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milligan, Kevin & Moretti, Enrico & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2004. "Does education improve citizenship? Evidence from the United States and the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1667-1695, August.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 2007. "Education and Social Capital," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, Winter.
- Takashi Oshio & Shinpei Sano & Miki Kobayashi, 2010.
"Child Poverty as a Determinant of Life Outcomes: Evidence from Nationwide Surveys in Japan,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 99(1), pages 81-99, October.
- Oshio, Takashi & Sano, Shinpei & Kobayashi, Miki, 2009. "Child poverty as a determinant of life outcomes: Evidence from nationwide surveys in Japan," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 452, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Takashi Oshio & Shinpei Sano & Miki Kobayashi, 2009. "Child poverty as a determinant of life outcomes:Evidence from nationwide surveys in Japan," Discussion Papers 0911, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Lemelin, Emily T. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Franklin, Tracy G. & Carnethon, Mercedes & Lutsey, Pamela L. & Ni, Hanyu & O'Meara, Ellen & Shrager, Sandi, 2009. "Life-course socioeconomic positions and subclinical atherosclerosis in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 444-451, February.
- Osler, Merete & Madsen, Mia & Nybo Andersen, Anne-Marie & Avlund, Kirsten & Mcgue, Matt & Jeune, Bernard & Christensen, Kaare, 2009. "Do childhood and adult socioeconomic circumstances influence health and physical function in middle-age?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1425-1431, April.
More about this item
KeywordsChildhood poverty; Self-rated health; health-risk behaviors; bivariate probit models; mediating effects;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-27 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:cisdps:538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cihitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.