The Ranking of Inequality in Human Capital: Evidence from Asian Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1977. "Schooling, experience and earnings : The case of an LDC," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 39-48, February.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- Zhang, Junsen & Li, Tianyou, 2002.
"International Inequality and Convergence in Educational Attainment, 1960-1990,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 383-392, October.
- Junsen Zhang & Tianyou Li, 2000. "International Inequality and Convergence in Educational Attainment: 1960-1990," Departmental Working Papers _121, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Audrey Siew Kim LIM & Kam Ki TANG, 2008. "Human Capital Inequality And The Kuznets Curve," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(1), pages 26-51.
- Winegarden, C R, 1979. "Schooling and Income Distribution: Evidence from International Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(181), pages 83-87, February.
- Peter J. Klenow & Mark Bils, 2000. "Does Schooling Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1160-1183, December.
- Bishop, John A & Formby, John P & Smith, W James, 1991.
"International Comparisons of Income Inequality: Tests for Lorenz Dominance across Nine Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 461-477, November.
- John Bishop & W. James Smith & John Formby, 1989. "International Comparisons of Income Inequality: Tests for Lorenz Dominance across Nine Countries," LIS Working papers 26, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Jerik Hanushek & Dennis Kimko, 2006.
"Schooling, Labor-force Quality, and the Growth of Nations,"
Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 154-193.
- Dennis D. Kimko & Eric A. Hanushek, 2000. "Schooling, Labor-Force Quality, and the Growth of Nations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1184-1208, December.
- Ram, Rati, 1984. "Population increase, economic growth, educational inequality, and income distribution : Some recent evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 419-428, April.
- Barry R. Chiswick, 1971. "Earnings Inequality and Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(1), pages 21-39.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality in education and human capital; Gini index; Lorenz curves; pair-wise comparison;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-10-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HAP-2012-10-20 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-SEA-2012-10-20 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hir:idecdp:2-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keisuke Kawata). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gshirjp.html .