Consumer Confidence and Consumption in Sweden
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Agell, J. & Berg, L. & Edin, P.A., 1995. "Tax Reform, Consumption and Asset Structure," Papers 16, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Berg, Lennart & Bergstrom, Reinhold, 1995. " Housing and Financial Wealth, Financial Deregulation and Consumption--The Swedish Case," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 421-439, September.
- Assarsson, B., 1992. "The Stochastic Behaviour of Durables and Nondurables Consumption in Sweden," Papers 1992d, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Carroll, Christopher D & Fuhrer, Jeffrey C & Wilcox, David W, 1994.
"Does Consumer Sentiment Forecast Household Spending? If So, Why?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1397-1408, December.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Jeffrey C. Fuhrer & David W. Wilcox, 1991. "Does consumer sentiment affect household spending? If so why?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 168, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christopher D. Carroll & Jeffery C. Fuhrer & David W. Wilcox, 1994. "RATS code for Does Consumer Sentiment Forecast Household Spending? If So, Why?," QM&RBC Codes 49, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1990.
"Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1990, Volume 5, pages 75-122
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Giavazzi & M. Pagano, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of two Small Euopean Countries," Working Papers 89, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 417, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries," NBER Working Papers 3372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1995.
"Non-Keynesian Effects of Fiscal Policy Changes: International Evidence and the Swedish Experience,"
NBER Working Papers
5332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1995. "Non-Keynesian Effects of Fiscal Policy Changes: International Evidence and the Swedish Experience," CEPR Discussion Papers 1284, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-357, April.
- Englund, Peter, 1990. "Financial deregulation in Sweden," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(2-3), pages 385-393, May.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Scott, Andrew, 1994.
"Consumer Confidence and Rational Expectations: Are Agents' Beliefs Consistent with the Theory?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(422), pages 1-19, January.
- Daron Acemoglu & Andrew Scott, 1993. "Consumer Confidence and Rational Expectations: Are Agents Beliefs Consistent with the Theory?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0119, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1991. "The response of consumption to income : A cross-country investigation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 723-756, May.
- Agell, J. & Berg, L., 1995. "Did Financial Deregulation Cause the Swedish Consumption Boom?," Papers 1995-21, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1982. "Hall's consumption hypothesis and durable goods," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 417-425.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sadullah Çelik & Yasemin Özerkek, 2008. "Panel cointegration analysis of consumer confidence and personal consumption in the European Union," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 161-168, February.
- Vuchelen, Jef, 2004. "Consumer sentiment and macroeconomic forecasts," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 493-506, August.
- Kajal Lahiri & Yongchen Zhao, 2016.
"Determinants of Consumer Sentiment Over Business Cycles: Evidence from the US Surveys of Consumers,"
Journal of Business Cycle Research,
Springer;Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys (CIRET), vol. 12(2), pages 187-215, December.
- Kajal Lahiri & Yongchen Zhao, 2016. "Determinants of Consumer Sentiment over Business Cycles: Evidence from the U.S. Surveys of Consumers," Working Papers 2016-14, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2016.
- Yasemin Özerkek & Sadullah Çelik, 2010. "The Link between Government Spending, Consumer Confidence and Consumption Expenditures in Emerging Market Countries," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(4), pages 471-485, December.
- Khoon Lek Goh, 2003. "Does Consumer Confidence Forecast Consumption Expenditure in New Zealand?," Treasury Working Paper Series 03/22, New Zealand Treasury.
- Dudek, Sławomir, 2008. "Consumer Survey Data and short-term forecasting of households consumption expenditures in Poland," MPRA Paper 19818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni & Reza Tajaddini, 2017. "Housing Wealth, Financial Wealth and Consumption Expenditure: The Role of Consumer Confidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 216-236, February.
- Roberto Golinelli & Giuseppe Parigi, 2003. "What is this thing called confidence? A comparative analysis of consumer confidence indices in eight major countries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 484, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- KANGASSALO Pertti & TAKALA Kari, "undated". "Measuring the Usefulness of Consumers’ Inflation Expectations in Finland," EcoMod2003 330700076, EcoMod.
- Konstantinos Drakos & Christos Kallandranis, 2015. "A Note on the Effect of Terrorism on Economic Sentiment," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(6), pages 600-608, December.
- Johan Lyhagen, 2001. "The effect of precautionary saving on consumption in Sweden," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 673-681.
- E. Kilic & S. Cankaya, 2016. "Consumer confidence and economic activity: a factor augmented VAR approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(32), pages 3062-3080, July.
- Dion, David Pascal, 2006. "Does Consumer Confidence Forecast Household Spending? The Euro Area Case," MPRA Paper 911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johansson, Martin W, 2002. "Reexamining loss aversion in aggregate consumption - Swedish and international evidence," Working Papers 2002:2, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Malgarini, Marco & Margani, Patrizia, 2005.
"Psychology, consumer sentiment and household expenditures: a disaggregated analysis,"
42443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Malgarini & Patrizia Margani, 2005. "Psychology, consumer sentiment and household expenditures: a disaggregated analysis," ISAE Working Papers 58, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Kajal Lahiri & Yongchen Zhao, 2013. "Determinants of Consumer Sentiment: Evidence from Household Survey Data," Discussion Papers 13-12, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Kallandranis Christos & Karidis Socrates, 2014. "Assessing the Effect of the Consumer-Voter Sentiment on Tiebout-Like Migration: The EU 27 Case," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-25, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-08-03 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:1996_007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nekuuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.