Determinants of Consumer Sentiment: Evidence from Household Survey Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabler, Siegfried & Laisney, Francois & Lechner, Michael, 1993. "Seminonparametric Estimation of Binary-Choice Models with an Application to Labor-Force Participation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 61-80, January.
- Fan, Chengze Simon & Wong, Phoebe, 1998. "Does consumer sentiment forecast household spending?: The Hong Kong case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 77-84, January.
- C. Alan Garner, 1991. "Forecasting consumer spending: should economists pay attention to consumer confidence surveys?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue May, pages 57-71.
- Maddala,G. S., 1986. "Limited-Dependent and Qualitative Variables in Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521338257, May.
- Breslaw, Jon A. & McIntosh, James, 1998. "Simulated latent variable estimation of models with ordered categorical data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 25-47, August.
- Jason Bram & Sydney Ludvigson, 1998.
"Does consumer confidence forecast household expenditure? a sentiment index horse race,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 59-78.
- Jason Bram & Sydney Ludvigson, 1997. "Does consumer confidence forecast household expenditure?: A sentiment index horse race," Research Paper 9708, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Berg Lennart & Bergström Reinhold, 1996. "Consumer Confidence and Consumption in Sweden," Working Paper Series 1996:7, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Melenberg, B. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1996. "Measuring the costs of children : Parametric and semiparametric estimators," Other publications TiSEM 1227b8b2-0575-4b5d-9bac-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wly:japmet:v:31:y:2016:i:7:p:1254-1275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kajal Lahiri & George Monokroussos & Yongchen Zhao, 2016.
"Forecasting Consumption: the Role of Consumer Confidence in Real Time with many Predictors,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(7), pages 1254-1275, November.
- Kajal Lahiri & George Monokroussos & Yongchen Zhao, 2015. "Forecasting Consumption: The Role of Consumer Confidence in Real Time with many Predictors," Working Papers 2015-02, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2015.
- Dilyara Ibragimova, 2014. "Consumer Expectations Of Russian Populations: Cohort Analysis (1996–2009)," HSE Working papers WP BRP 41/SOC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nya:albaec:13-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.