Forecasting consumer spending: should economists pay attention to consumer confidence surveys?
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): (1991)
Issue (Month): May ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: One Memorial Drive, Kansas City, MO 64198|
Phone: (816) 881-2254
Web page: http://www.kansascityfed.org
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
- Patrick M. Crowley & Tony Schildt, 2012.
"An Analysis of the Embedded Frequency Content of Macroeconomic Indicators and their Counterparts using the Hilbert-Huang Transform,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2012(1), pages 1-31.
- Crowley, Patrick M. & Schildt, Tony, 2009. "An analysis of the embedded frequency content of macroeconomic indicators and their counterparts using the Hilbert-Huang transform," Research Discussion Papers 33/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Pami Dua, 2008. "Analysis of Consumers’ Perceptions of Buying Conditions for Houses," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 335-350, November.
- Pami Dua, 2004. "Analysis of Consumers' Perceptions of Buying Conditions for Houses," Working papers 127, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Vuchelen, Jef, 2004. "Consumer sentiment and macroeconomic forecasts," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 493-506, August.
- Petar Sorić & Ivana Lolić & Mirjana Čižmešija, 2016. "European economic sentiment indicator: an empirical reappraisal," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(5), pages 2025-2054, September.
- Petar Sorić & Ivana Lolić & Mirjana Čižmešija, 2015. "European economic sentiment indicator: An empirical reappraisal," EFZG Working Papers Series 1505, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Christian Gayer & Alessandro Girardi & Andreas Reuter, 2016. "Replacing Judgment by Statistics: Constructing Consumer Confidence Indicators on the basis of Data-driven Techniques. The Case of the Euro Area," Working Papers LuissLab 16125, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Kajal Lahiri & Yongchen Zhao, 2016. "Determinants of Consumer Sentiment over Business Cycles: Evidence from the U.S. Surveys of Consumers," Working Papers 2016-14, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2016.
- Brigitte Desroches & Marc-André Gosselin, 2002. "The Usefulness of Consumer Confidence Indexes in the United States," Staff Working Papers 02-22, Bank of Canada.
- Dudek, Sławomir, 2008. "Consumer Survey Data and short-term forecasting of households consumption expenditures in Poland," MPRA Paper 19818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Batchelor, Roy & Dua, Pami, 1998. "Improving macro-economic forecasts: The role of consumer confidence," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-81, March.
- Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni & Reza Tajaddini, 2017. "Housing Wealth, Financial Wealth and Consumption Expenditure: The Role of Consumer Confidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 216-236, February.
- Bansal, Vipul K. & Marshall, John F. & Yuyuenyongwatana, Robert P., 1995. "Macroeconomic derivatives: More viable than first thought!," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 101-110.
- Parigi, Giuseppe & Schlitzer, Giuseppe, 1997. "Predicting consumption of Italian households by means of survey indicators," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 197-209, June.
- Côté, Denise & Johnson, Marianne, 1998. "Consumer Attitudes, Uncertainty, and Consumer Spending," Staff Working Papers 98-16, Bank of Canada.
- Xia Wang & Yung-Hsin Chen, 2012. "Is the Consumer Sentiment Index Capable of Forecasting the Transaction Activeness of Clients? Case Study for a Commercial Bank in China," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(0), pages 20-28, January.
- Kajal Lahiri & Yongchen Zhao, 2013. "Determinants of Consumer Sentiment: Evidence from Household Survey Data," Discussion Papers 13-12, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Baghestani, Hamid & AbuAl-Foul, Bassam M., 2017. "Comparing Federal Reserve, Blue Chip, and time series forecasts of US output growth," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 47-56.
- Rossi, José Luiz J. & Laban, Sílvio A. Neto & Claro, Danny Pimentel & Bolzani, Luciana Corrêa, 2009. "Índice de Confiança do Empresário de Pequenos e Médios Negócios no Brasil (IC-PMN): Desenvolvimento e Consolidação," Insper Working Papers wpe_191, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Claro, Danny P & Júnior, José L. R. & Laban Neto, Sílvio A. & Lucci, Cíntia R. & Bolzani, Luciana C. & Carvalho, Marina D. de, 2009. "Índice de Confiança do Empresário de Pequenos e Médios Negócios no Brasil (IC-PMN): Metodologia e Resultados Preliminares," Insper Working Papers wpe_158, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Smimou, K., 2014. "Consumer attitudes, stock market liquidity, and the macro economy: A Canadian perspective," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 186-209.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:1991:i:may:p:57-71:n:v.76no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed