Tax Reform of the Century - The Swedish Experiment
Describes the 1991 reform of Sweden's tax system ("the most far-reaching reform in any industrialized country in the postwar period"); examines behavioral responses (impact on consumption, housing, and labor supply). Reviews the lessons from a major evaluation effort, sponsored by the Swedish government and involving a large number of researchers.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in National Tax Journal, 1996, pages 643-664.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Birch Soerensen, . "Changing Views of the Corporate Income Tax," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-05, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Klevmarken, Anders, 1997. "Did the Tax Cuts Increase Hours of Work? A Pre-Post Analysis of Swedish Panel Data," Working Paper Series 1997:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Englund, P. & Hendershott, P.H. & Turner, B., 1995. "The Tax Reform and the Housing Market," Papers 20, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-57, April.
- Slemrod, Joel, 1992.
"Do Taxes Matter? Lessons from the 1980's,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 250-56, May.
- Hultkrantz,L., 1995. "On Determinants of Swedish Recreational Domestic and Outbound Travel,1989-1993," Papers 7, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Sodersten, Jan, 1989.
" The Investment Funds System Reconsidered,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(4), pages 671-87.
- Agell, J. & Berg, L. & Edin, P.A., 1995.
"Tax Reform, Consumption and Asset Structure,"
1995-17, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Agell, Jonas & Edin, Per-Anders, 1990. " Marginal Taxes and the Asset Portfolios of Swedish Households," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 47-64.
- Auerbach, Alan J, 1979.
"Wealth Maximization and the Cost of Capital,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(3), pages 433-46, August.
- Caballero, Ricardo J, 1991. "Earnings Uncertainty and Aggregate Wealth Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 859-71, September.
- Berg, Lennart, 1994. "Household Savings and Debts: The Experience of the Nordic Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 42-53, Summer.
- Klevmarken, N.A. & Andersson, I. & Brose, P. & Gronqvist, E. & Olovsson, P. & Stotlenberg-Hansen, M., 1995. "Labor Supply Responses to Swedish Tax Reforms 1985-1992," Papers 11, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1976. "On the theory of tax reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 77-104.
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Sodersten, Jan, 1994. "Costs of monitoring and corporate taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 307-321, October.
- Calmfors, Lars, 1993. "Lessons from the macroeconomic experience of Sweden," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 25-72, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:1996_013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.