Stock exchange integration and price jump risks - The case of the OMX Nordic exchange mergers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Jae H. Kim & Etienne Redor, 2016. "Stock exchange mergers and market efficiency," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(7), pages 576-589, February.
- Kim, Harold Y. & Mei, Jianping P., 2001. "What makes the stock market jump? An analysis of political risk on Hong Kong stock returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1003-1016, December.
- Daal, Elton & Naka, Atsuyuki & Yu, Jung-Suk, 2007.
"Volatility clustering, leverage effects, and jump dynamics in the US and emerging Asian equity markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2751-2769, September.
- Daal, Elton & Naka, Atsuyuki & Yu, Jung-Suk, 2006. "Volatility Clustering, Leverage Effects, and Jump Dynamics in the US and Emerging Asian Equity Markets," Working Papers 2005-03, University of New Orleans, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2006.
"Econometrics of Testing for Jumps in Financial Economics Using Bipower Variation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2003. "Econometrics of testing for jumps in financial economics using bipower variation," Economics Papers 2003-W21, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2004. "Econometrics of testing for jumps in financial economics using bipower variationÂ," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy, 2004.
"News Arrival, Jump Dynamics, and Volatility Components for Individual Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 755-793, April.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy, 2003. "News Arrival, Jump Dynamics and Volatility Components for Individual Stock Returns," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-38, CIRANO.
- Khan, Walayet & Vieito, João Paulo, 2012. "Stock exchange mergers and weak form of market efficiency: The case of Euronext Lisbon," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 173-189.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Laszlo Gillemot & Fabrizio Lillo & Szabolcs Mike & Anindya Sen, 2004. "What really causes large price changes?," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 383-397.
- Hellström, Jörgen & Lundgren, Jens & Yu, Haishan, 2012. "Why do electricity prices jump? Empirical evidence from the Nordic electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1774-1781.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Kim, Jae H. & Shamsuddin, Abul & Lim, Kian-Ping, 2011. "Stock return predictability and the adaptive markets hypothesis: Evidence from century-long U.S. data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 868-879.
- Nielsson, Ulf, 2009. "Stock exchange merger and liquidity: The case of Euronext," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 229-267, May.
- Hellström, Jörgen & Soultanaeva, Albina, 2010. "The Impact of Stock Market Jumps on Time-Varying Return Correlations: Empirical Evidence from the Baltic Countries," Umeå Economic Studies 816, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Jérôme Lahaye & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2011.
"Jumps, cojumps and macro announcements,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 893-921, September.
- Jérôme Lahaye & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2007. "Jumps, cojumps and macro announcements," Working Papers 2007-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- LAHAYE, JÃ©rÃ´me & LAURENT, SÃ©bastien & NEELY, Christopher J., 2011. "Jumps, cojumps and macro announcements," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2413, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Xin Huang & George Tauchen, 2005. "The Relative Contribution of Jumps to Total Price Variance," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(4), pages 456-499.
- Chan, Wing H & Maheu, John M, 2002. "Conditional Jump Dynamics in Stock Market Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 377-389, July.
- Frowin Schulz & Karl Mosler, 2011. "The effect of infrequent trading on detecting price jumps," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 95(1), pages 27-58, March.
- Hellström, Jörgen & Liu, Yuna & Sjögren, Tomas, 2013. "Stock exchange mergers and return co-movement: A flexible dynamic component correlations model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 511-515.
- Suzanne S. Lee, 2012. "Jumps and Information Flow in Financial Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(2), pages 439-479.
- Philippe Jorion, 1988. "On Jump Processes in the Foreign Exchange and Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(4), pages 427-445.
- Wing H. Chan & Denise Young, 2006. "Jumping hedges: An examination of movements in copper spot and futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 169-188, February.
More about this item
KeywordsTests for jumps; International financial markets; Market structure; Integration; Common trading platform; Mergers; Acquisitions;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2016-04-04 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-COM-2016-04-04 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-FMK-2016-04-04 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MST-2016-04-04 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0925. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inumuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.