Who is Willing to Let Ethics Guide His Economic Decision-Making? Evidence from Individual Investments in Ethical Funds
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Armin Falk, 2004. "Charitable Giving as a Gift Exchange â€“ Evidence from a Field Experiment (new title: Gift-Exchange in the Field)," CESifo Working Paper Series 1218, CESifo Group Munich.
- Auten, Gerald & Joulfaian, David, 1996. "Charitable contributions and intergenerational transfers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 55-68, January.
- Laitner, John & Juster, F Thomas, 1996.
"New Evidence on Altruism: A Study of TIAA-CREF Retirees,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 893-908, September.
- John Laitner & F. Thomas Juster, 1993. "New evidence on altruism: a study of TIAA-CREF retirees," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 86, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Harbaugh, William T, 1998. "The Prestige Motive for Making Charitable Transfers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 277-282, May.
- Lewis, Alan & Cullis, John, 1990. "Ethical investments: Preferences and morality," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 395-411.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst, 2001.
"Are people conditionally cooperative? Evidence from a public goods experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 397-404, June.
- Urs Fischbacher & Simon Gaechter & Ernst Fehr, "undated". "Are People Conditionally Cooperative? Evidence from a Public Goods Experiment," IEW - Working Papers 016, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio & Terlizzese, Daniele, 1996.
"Income Risk, Borrowing Constraints, and Portfolio Choice,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 158-172, March.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio & Terlizzese, Daniele, 1994. "Income Risk, Borrowing Constraints and Portfolio Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alicia H. Munnell & Annika Sunden, "undated". "Investment Practices of State and Local Pension Funds: Implications for Social Security Reform," Pension Research Council Working Papers 99-9, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- James Andreoni & Lise Vesterlund, 2001.
"Which is the Fair Sex? Gender Differences in Altruism,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 293-312.
- Andreoni,J. & Vesterlund,L., 1998. "Which is the fair sex? : Gender differences in altruism," Working papers 10, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Andreoni, James & Vesterlund, Lise, 2001. "Which is the Fair Sex? Gender Differences in Altruism," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1951, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Eckel, Catherine C. & Grossman, Philip J., 2008. "Differences in the Economic Decisions of Men and Women: Experimental Evidence," Handbook of Experimental Economics Results, Elsevier.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:01e17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engström, Stefan & Westerberg, Anna, 2003. "Which individuals make active investment decisions in the new Swedish pension system?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 527, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 12 Aug 2003.
- Armin Falk, "undated".
"Charitable Giving as a Gift Exchange - Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
IEW - Working Papers
168, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Armin Falk, 2004. "Charitable giving as a gift exchange: Evidence from a field experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00238, The Field Experiments Website.
- Falk, Armin, 2004. "Charitable Giving as a Gift Exchange: Evidence From a Field Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 4189, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Falk, Armin, 2004. "Charitable Giving as a Gift Exchange: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 1148, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Freeman, Richard B, 1997.
"Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 140-166, January.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1996. "Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor," NBER Working Papers 5435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard Barry, 1997. "Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor," Scholarly Articles 4632239, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-477, June.
- Andrei Shleifer, 2004. "Does Competition Destroy Ethical Behavior?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 414-418, May.
- Leslie Moscow McGranahan, 2000.
"Charity and the Bequest Motive: Evidence from Seventeenth-Century Wills,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1270-1291, December.
- Leslie McGranahan, 1998. "Charity and the bequests motive: evidence from seventeenth century wills," Working Paper Series WP-98-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bolton, Gary E. & Katok, Elena, 1995. "An experimental test for gender differences in beneficent behavior," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(3-4), pages 287-292, June.
- Plantinga, Auke & Scholtens, Bert, 2001. "Socially responsible investing and management style of mutual funds in the euronext stock markets," Research Report 01E17, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Gary E. Bolton & Rami Zwick & Elena Katok, 1998. "Dictator game giving: Rules of fairness versus acts of kindness," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 27(2), pages 269-299.
- Schokkaert, Erik, 2006. "The Empirical Analysis of Transfer Motives," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Muren, Astri, 2002. "Discrimination by Gender and Social Distance," Research Papers in Economics 2002:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Engstr M, Stefan & Westerberg, Anna, 2003. "Which individuals make active investment decisions in the new Swedish pension system?," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 225-245, November.
- Henrik Cronqvist & Richard H. Thaler, 2004. "Design Choices in Privatized Social-Security Systems: Learning from the Swedish Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 424-428, May.
More about this item
KeywordsSocially Responsible Investing; Altruism; Individual Financial Investments; Individual Decision-Making; Ethics and Norms;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sofiwp:2005_007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Englund). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sofsuse.html .