Labour market programmes and geographical mobility: migration and commuting among programme participants and openly unemployed
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- van den Berg, Gerard J & Gorter, Cees, 1997. "Job Search and Commuting Time," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(2), pages 269-281, April.
- Widerstedt, Barbro, 1998. "Moving or Staying? Job Mobility as a Sorting Process," Umeå Economic Studies 464, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Rogers, Cynthia L., 1997. "Job Search and Unemployment Duration: Implications for the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 109-132, July.
- Kent Eliasson & Urban Lindgren & Olle Westerlund, 2003. "Geographical Labour Mobility: Migration or Commuting?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 827-837.
- Barbara Sianesi, 2001.
"Differential effects of Swedish active labour market programmes for unemployed adults during the 1990s,"
IFS Working Papers
W01/25, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sianesi, Barbara, 2002. "Differential effects of Swedish active labour market programmes for unemployed adults during the 1990s," Working Paper Series 2002:5, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Lars Calmfors & Anders Forslund & Maria Hemström, 2002.
"Does Active Labour Market Policy Work? Lessons from the Swedish Experiences,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
675, CESifo Group Munich.
- Calmfors, Lars & Forslund, Anders & Hemström, Maria, 2002. "Does active labour market policy work? Lessons from the Swedish experiences," Working Paper Series 2002:4, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Calmfors, Lars & Forslund, Anders & Hemström, Maria, 2002. "Does Active Labour Market Policy Work? Lessons from the Swedish Experiences," Seminar Papers 700, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Larsson, Laura, 2000. "Evaluation of Swedish Youth Labour Market Programmes," Working Paper Series 2000:6, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- van den Berg, Gerard J, 1992. "A Structural Dynamic Analysis of Job Turnover and the Costs Associated with Moving to Another Job," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1116-1133, September.
- Olle Westerlund, 1998. "Internal Migration in Sweden: The Effects of Mobility Grants and Regional Labour Market Conditions," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 12(2), pages 363-388, July.
- W. A. V. Clark, 1985. "Human Migration," Book Chapters,in: Grant I. Thrall (ed.), Scientific Geography, pages 51 Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Mortensen, Dale T., 1987. "Job search and labor market analysis," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 849-919 Elsevier.
- Fredriksson, Peter, 1999.
"The Dynamics of Regional Labor Markets and Active Labor Market Policy: Swedish Evidence,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 51(4), pages 623-648, October.
- Fredriksson, P., 1995. "The Dynamics of Regional Labour Markets and Active Labour Market Policy: Swedish Evidence," Papers 1995-20, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- repec:brs:ecchap:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1994. "When is a move a migration?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 341-360, June.
- Larsson, L., 2000. "Evaluation of Swedish Youth Labour Market Programmes," Papers 2000:6, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Larsson, Laura, 2000. "Evaluation of Swedish youth labour market programmes," Working Paper Series 2000:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Simpson, Wayne & van der Veen, Anne, 1992. " The Economics of Commuting and the Urban Labour Market," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 45-62.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melanie Arntz & Ralf Wilke, 2009.
"Unemployment Duration in Germany: Individual and Regional Determinants of Local Job Finding, Migration and Subsidized Employment,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 43-61.
- Arntz, Melanie & Wilke, Ralf A., 2006. "Unemployment duration in Germany: individual and regional determinants of local job finding, migration and subsidized employment," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-092, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:pri:cepsud:158krueger is not listed on IDEAS
- Arntz, Melanie, 2005. "The Geographical Mobility of Unemployed Workers: Evidence from West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-34, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Anders Forslund & Alan Krueger, 2010.
"Did Active Labor Market Policies Help Sweden Rebound from the Depression of the Early 1990s?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Reforming the Welfare State: Recovery and Beyond in Sweden, pages 159-187
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anders Forslund & Alan B. Krueger, 2008. "Did Active Labour Market Policies Help Sweden Rebound from the Depression of the Early 1990s?," Working Papers 1035, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Boman, Anders, 2012. "Employment effects of extended geographic scope in job search," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 643-652.
More about this item
KeywordsGeographical labour mobility; labour market programmes; migration; commuting;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2003-03-25 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2003-03-25 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2003-03-25 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-URE-2003-03-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ifauwp:2003_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Ghooloo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifagvse.html .