Monetary Policy and the Fisher Effect
Historical estimates of the informational content in the yield curve may not be relevant after a change in monetary policy. This study uses a small dynamic rational expectations model with staggered price setting to study how monetary policy affects the relation between nominal interest rates, inflation expectations, and real interest rates. The benchmark parameters, including the Fed's loss function parameters, are estimated by maximum likelihood on quarterly U.S. data. The policy experiments include stronger inflation targeting and more active monetary policy.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Feb 1997|
|Date of revision:||04 Mar 1999|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Policy Modeling, 2001, pages 491-495.|
|Note:||Revised and shortened version of Working Paper No. 159|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Söderlind, Paul, 1998.
"Solution and Estimation of RE Macromodels with Optimal Policy,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
256, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Soderlind, Paul, 1999. "Solution and estimation of RE macromodels with optimal policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 813-823, April.
- Soderlind, Paul, 1998. " Nominal Interest Rates as Indicators of Inflation Expectations," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(2), pages 457-72, June.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1992.
"Is the Fisher effect for real? : A reexamination of the relationship between inflation and interest rates,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 195-215, November.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1991. "Is the Fisher Effect for Real? A Reexamination of the Relationship Between Inflation and Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 3632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuhrer, Jeffrey C & Moore, George R, 1995. "Monetary Policy Trade-offs and the Correlation between Nominal Interest Rates and Real Output," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 219-39, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Helena Lundin to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.