Inflation Targeting And The Fisher Effect In South Africa: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- O Bajo-Rubio & C Diaz-Roldan & V Esteve, 2010.
"Testing the Fisher effect in the presence of structural change: A case study of the UK, 1966-2007,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 15(2), pages 1-16, September.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán & Vicente Esteve, 2003. "Testing the Fisher Effect in the Presence of Structural Change: A Case Study of the UK,1961-2001," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2003_22, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Huizinga, John & Mishkin, Frederic S, 1984.
" Inflation and Real Interest Rates on Assets with Different Risk Characteristics,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 699-712, July.
- John Huizinga & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1984. "Inflation and Real Interest Rates on Assets with Different Risk Characteristics," NBER Working Papers 1333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Payne & Bradley Ewing, 1997. "Evidence from lesser developed countries on the Fisher hypothesis: a cointegration analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(11), pages 683-687.
- Soderlind, Paul, 2001.
"Monetary policy and the Fisher effect,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 491-495, July.
- Söderlind, Paul, 1997. "Monetary Policy and the Fisher Effect," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 159, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 04 Mar 1999.
- Söderlind, Paul, 1997. "Monetary Policy and the Fisher Effect," CEPR Discussion Papers 1610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ky-Hyang Yuhn, 1996. "Is the Fisher effect robust? Further evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 41-44.
- Francisco Carneiro & Jose Angelo & C. A. Divino & Carlos Rocha, 2002. "Revisiting the Fisher hypothesis for the cases of Argentina, Brazil and Mexico," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 95-98.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Mishkin, Frederic S & Simon, John, 1995.
"An Empirical Examination of the Fisher Effect in Australia,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(214), pages 217-229, September.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & John Simon, 1994. "An Empirical Examination of the Fisher Effect in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9410, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & John Simon, 1995. "An Empirical Examination of the Fisher Effect in Australia," NBER Working Papers 5080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Cointegration in partial systems and the efficiency of single-equation analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 389-402, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1975. "Short-Term Interest Rates as Predictors of Inflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 269-282, June.
- Darren Pain & Ryland Thomas, 1997. "Real Interest Rate Linkages: Testing for Common Trends and Cycles," Bank of England working papers 65, Bank of England.
- K. M. Hawtrey, 1997. "The Fisher effect and Australian interest rates," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 337-346.
- Kate Phylaktis & David Blake, 1993. "The fisher hypothesis: Evidence from three high inflation economies," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(3), pages 591-599, September.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1992.
"Is the Fisher effect for real? : A reexamination of the relationship between inflation and interest rates,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 195-215, November.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1991. "Is the Fisher Effect for Real? A Reexamination of the Relationship Between Inflation and Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 3632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C Angelis & Mj Aziakpono & A Pierre Faure, 2005. "The Transmission Of Monetary Policy Under The Repo System In South Africa: An Empirical Analysis," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 73(4), pages 657-673, December.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Tobias Knedlik, 2006. "Estimating Monetary Policy Rules For South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 74(4), pages 629-641, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riona Arjoon & Mariëtte Botes & Laban K. Chesang & Rangan Gupta, 2011.
"The long-run relationship between inflation and real stock prices: empirical evidence from South Africa,"
Journal of Business Economics and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 600-613, July.
- Riona Arjoon & Mariette Botes & Laban K. Chesang & Rangan Gupta, 2010. "The Long-Run Relationship between Inflation and Real Stock Prices: Empirical Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 201028, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Phiri & Peter Lusanga, 2011. "Can asymmetries account for the empirical failure of the Fisher effect in South Africa?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 1968-1979.
- Kolisi, Nwabisa & Phiri, Andrew, 2017. "Changes in the relationship between interest rates and housing prices in South Africa around the 2007 financial crisis," MPRA Paper 80173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kose, Nezir & Emirmahmutoglu, Furkan & Aksoy, Sezgin, 2012. "The interest rate–inflation relationship under an inflation targeting regime: The case of Turkey," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 476-485.
- Ismail H. Genc & Mehmet Balcilar, 2012. "Effectiveness of Inflation Targeting in Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(S5), pages 35-47, November.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "Changes in inflation persistence prior and subsequent to the subprime crisis: What are the implications for South Africa?," MPRA Paper 70645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9355-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ismail H. Genc & Mehmet Balcilar, 2012. "Effectiveness of Inflation Targeting in Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 48(S5), pages 35-47, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:sajeco:v:75:y:2007:i:4:p:693-707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.