Can asymmetries account for the empirical failure of the Fisher effect in South Africa?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shabbir Ahmad, 2010. "Fisher effect in nonlinear STAR framework: some evidence from Asia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 2558-2566.
- Balke, Nathan S & Fomby, Thomas B, 1997. "Threshold Cointegration," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(3), pages 627-645, August.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2010.
"Can common stocks provide a hedge against inflation? Evidence from African countries,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 91-100, August.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2010. "Can Common Stocks Provide A Hedge Against Inflation? Evidence from African Countries," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1022, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2010. "Can Common Stocks Provide A Hedge Against Inflation? Evidence from African Countries," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2010-07, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2010. "Can Common Stocks Provide A Hedge Against Inflation? Evidence from African Countries," Working Paper series 06_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2010. "Can Common Stocks Provide A Hedge Against Inflation? Evidence from African Countries," Discussion Paper Series 2010_06, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2010.
- Hansen, Bruce E. & Seo, Byeongseon, 2002.
"Testing for two-regime threshold cointegration in vector error-correction models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 293-318, October.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen/Seo paper on threshold cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTZ00092, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Million, Nicolas, 2004. "Central Bank's interventions and the Fisher hypothesis: a threshold cointegration investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1051-1064, December.
- George Kapetanios & Yongcheol Shin, 2006.
"Unit root tests in three-regime SETAR models,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 9(2), pages 252-278, July.
- George Kapetanios & Yongcheol Shin, 2002. "Unit Root Tests in Three-Regime SETAR Models," Working Papers 465, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- George Kapetanios & Yongcheol Shin, 2003. "Unit Root Tests in Three-Regime SETAR Models," ESE Discussion Papers 104, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 2000. "Sample Splitting and Threshold Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(3), pages 575-604, May.
- H.a. Mitchell‐innes & M.j. Aziakpono & A.p. Faure, 2007. "Inflation Targeting And The Fisher Effect In South Africa: An Empirical Investigation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 75(4), pages 693-707, December.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Diaz-Roldan & Vicente Esteve, 2005.
"Is the Fisher effect non-linear? some evidence for Spain, 1963-2002,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(12), pages 849-854.
- Óscar Bajo Rubio & Carmen Díaz Roldán & Vicente Esteve, 2004. "Is the Fisher Effect Nonlinear? Some Evidence for Spain, 1963-2002," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/05, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- William J. Crowder & Mark E. Wohar, 1999. "Are Tax Effects Important in the Long-Run Fisher Relationship? Evidence from the Municipal Bond Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 307-317, February.
- Seo, Myunghwan, 2006. "Bootstrap testing for the null of no cointegration in a threshold vector error correction model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 129-150, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kolisi, Nwabisa & Phiri, Andrew, 2017.
"Changes in the relationship between interest rates and housing prices in South Africa around the 2007 financial crisis,"
80173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nwabisa Kolisi & Andrew Phiri, 2017. "Changes in the relationshp between interest rates and housing prices in South Africa around the 2007 financial crisis," Working Papers 1704, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Jul 2017.
- repec:mgt:youmgt:v:16:y:2018:i:2:p:123-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "Changes in inflation persistence prior and subsequent to the subprime crisis: What are the implications for South Africa?," MPRA Paper 70645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Phiri, 2018.
"Asymmetric Pass-through Effects from Monetary Policy to Housing Prices in South Africa,"
Managing Global Transitions,
University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 16(2 (Summer), pages 123-140.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "Asymmetric pass-through effects from monetary policy to housing prices in South Africa," MPRA Paper 70258, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth Africa; Fisher effect; Inflation; Interest Rates; Threshold Co-integration;
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.