The long-run relationship between inflation and real stock prices: empirical evidence from South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Riona Arjoon & Mariette Botes & Laban K. Chesang & Rangan Gupta, 2010. "The Long-Run Relationship between Inflation and Real Stock Prices: Empirical Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 201028, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Jeong-Ryeol, 2003. "The stock return-inflation puzzle and the asymmetric causality in stock returns, inflation and real activity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 155-160, August.
- H.a. Mitchell-innes & M.j. Aziakpono & A.p. Faure, 2007. "Inflation Targeting And The Fisher Effect In South Africa: An Empirical Investigation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 75(4), pages 693-707, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Phiri, 2017.
"Long-run equilibrium adjustment between inflation and stock market returns in South Africa: a nonlinear perspective,"
International Journal of Sustainable Economy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 19-33.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "Long run equilibrium adjustment between inflation and stock market returns in South Africa: A nonlinear perspective," MPRA Paper 70260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yu Hsing, 2011. "The Stock Market and Macroeconomic Variables in a BRICS Country and Policy Implications," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(1), pages 12-18.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ur Rehman, Ijaz & Zainudin, Rozaimah, 2013. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Stock Market Capitalization in Pakistan:Fresh Evidence from Cointegration with unknown Structural breaks," MPRA Paper 52490, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Dec 2013.
More about this item
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jbemgt:v:13:y:2011:i:4:p:600-613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/TBEM20 .