The Rise Of The Swiss Tax Haven In The Interwar Period: An International Comparison
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guex, Sébastien, 2000. "The Origins of the Swiss Banking Secrecy Law and Its Repercussions for Swiss Federal Policy," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 74(02), pages 237-266, June.
- Palan, Ronen, 2002. "Tax Havens and the Commercialization of State Sovereignty," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(01), pages 151-176, December.
- Vogler, R., 2001. "The genesis of Swiss banking secrecy: political and economic environment," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 73-84, April.
- Hautcoeur, Pierre-Cyrille & Sicsic, Pierre, 1999.
"Threat of a capital levy, expected devaluation and interest rates in France during the interwar period,"
European Review of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 25-56, April.
- Hautcoeur, P-C. & Sicsic, P., 1998. "Threat of a Capital Levy, Expected Devaluation and Interest Rates in France during the Interwar Period," Working papers 50, Banque de France.
- Hautcoeur, P. C. & Sicsic, P., 1998. "Threat of a capital levy, expected devaluation and interest rates in France during the interwar period," DELTA Working Papers 98-01, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Kindleberger, Charles P., 1993. "A Financial History of Western Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195077384.
- Smits, J.-P. & Woltjer, P. & Ma, D., 2009. "A Dataset on Comparative Historical National Accounts, ca.1870-1950: A Time-Series Perspective," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-107, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Paquier, Serge, 2001. "Swiss holding companies from the mid-nineteenth century to the early 1930s: the forerunners and subsequent waves of creations," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 163-182, October.
- Peden, G. C., 2000. "The Treasury and British Public Policy 1906-1959," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198207078.
More about this item
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- F39 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Other
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
- N44 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2012-11-11 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-11-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PBE-2012-11-11 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hes:wpaper:0027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Sharp). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ehessea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.