Exploring the relationship between tourism and offshore finance in small island economies: lessons from Jersey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hampton, Mark P. & Christensen, John, 2002. "Offshore Pariahs? Small Island Economies, Tax Havens, and the Re-configuration of Global Finance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1657-1673, September.
- Palan, Ronen, 2002. "Tax Havens and the Commercialization of State Sovereignty," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(01), pages 151-176, December.
- M P Hampton & J E Christensen, 1999. "Treasure Island revisited. Jersey's offshore finance centre crisis: implications for other small island economies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(9), pages 1619-1637, September.
- Christensen, J. & Hampton, M.P., 1998. "The Capture of the State in Jersey's Offshore Finance Centre," Papers 119, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blanco Luisa R. & Rogers Cynthia L., 2012. "Do Tax Havens Really Flourish?," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-23, September.
- Ed Brown & Jon Cloke, 2007. "Shadow Europe: Alternative European Financial Geographies," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 304-327.
More about this item
Keywordstax havens; island tourism; island development;
- F - International Economics
- N - Economic History
- O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2005-07-18 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-TUR-2005-07-18 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0507006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.