Exploring the relationship between tourism and offshore finance in small island economies: lessons from Jersey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Palan, Ronen, 2002. "Tax Havens and the Commercialization of State Sovereignty," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(01), pages 151-176, December.
- Hampton, Mark P. & Christensen, John, 2002. "Offshore Pariahs? Small Island Economies, Tax Havens, and the Re-configuration of Global Finance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1657-1673, September.
- M P Hampton & J E Christensen, 1999. "Treasure Island revisited. Jersey's offshore finance centre crisis: implications for other small island economies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(9), pages 1619-1637, September.
- Christensen, J. & Hampton, M.P., 1998. "The Capture of the State in Jersey's Offshore Finance Centre," Papers 119, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordstax havens; island tourism; island development;
- F - International Economics
- N - Economic History
- O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2005-07-18 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-TUR-2005-07-18 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0507006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .