Personal Insolvency Dynamics in Germany and the UK -- A SUR-TAR Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aoki, Kosuke & Proudman, James & Vlieghe, Gertjan, 2004.
"House prices, consumption, and monetary policy: a financial accelerator approach,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 414-435, October.
- Kosuke Aoki & James Proudman & Gertjan Vlieghe, 2002. "House prices, consumption, and monetary policy: a financial accelerator approach," Bank of England working papers 169, Bank of England.
- Aoki, Kosuke & James Proudman & Gertjan Vlieghe, 2003. "House prices, consumption, and monetary policy: a financial accelerator approach," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 7, Royal Economic Society.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano & Marco Di Maggio, 2013. "Households' indebtedness and financial fragility," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 23-46, January.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Eric Langlais & Ydriss Ziane, 2013.
"Personal Bankruptcy Law, Fresh Starts, and Judicial Practice,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 169(4), pages 680-702, December.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Eric Langlais & Ydriss Ziane, 2011. "Personal Bankruptcy Law, Fresh Starts, and Judicial Practice," EconomiX Working Papers 2011-15, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Eric Langlais & Ydriss Ziane, 2013. "Personal bankruptcy law, fresh starts and judicial practice," Post-Print hal-01385890, HAL.
- Ethan Cohen-Cole & Burcu Duygan-Bump & Judit Montoriol-Garriga, 2009. "Forgive and forget: who gets credit after bankruptcy and why?," Supervisory Research and Analysis Working Papers QAU09-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Nielsen, Mette & Pezzini, Silvia & Reinold, Kate & Williams, Richard, 2010. "The financial position of British households: evidence from the 2010 NMG Consulting survey," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 50(4), pages 333-345.
- repec:oup:ecpoli:v:24:y:2009:i::p:107-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Hung-Jen & White, Michelle J, 2000.
"An Optimal Personal Bankruptcy Procedure and Proposed Reforms,"
The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 255-286, January.
- Wang, H.J. & White, M., 1998. "An Optimal Personal Bankruptcy Procedure and Proposed Reform," Papers 98-07, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Kevin M.J. Kaiser, 1996. "European Bankruptcy Laws: Implications for Corporations Facing Financial Distress," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(3), Fall.
- Berkovitch, Elazar & Israel, Ronen, 1999. "Optimal Bankruptcy Laws across Different Economic Systems," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 347-377.
- Chmelar, Ales, 2013. "Household Debt and the European Crisis," ECRI Papers 8239, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1988. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, And Business Fluctuations," SSRI Workshop Series 292693, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Social Systems Research Institute.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226316529 is not listed on IDEAS
- Song Han & Geng Li, 2011. "Household Borrowing after Personal Bankruptcy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43, pages 491-517, March.
- Goecke, Henry & Pimpertz, Jochen & Holger Schäfer & Schröder, Christoph, 2013. "Zehn Jahre Agenda 2010: Eine empirische Bestandsaufnahme ihrer Wirkungen," IW policy papers 7/2013, Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft (IW) / German Economic Institute.
- Guy Debelle, 2004. "Macroeconomic implications of rising household debt," BIS Working Papers 153, Bank for International Settlements.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit & Gordon, Grey, 2012.
"Dealing with consumer default: Bankruptcy vs garnishment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(S), pages 1-16.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Grey Gordon, 2011. "Dealing with consumer default: bankruptcy vs. garnishment," Working Papers 11-35, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Sylvia Kaufmann & Maria Teresa Valderrama, 2008. "Bank lending in Germany and the UK: are there differences between a bank-based and a market-based country?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 266-279.
- Sergei A. Davydenko & Julian R. Franks, 2008. "Do Bankruptcy Codes Matter? A Study of Defaults in France, Germany, and the U.K," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 565-608, April.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1992. "Insiders and Outsiders: The Choice between Informed and Arm's-Length Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1367-1400, September.
- Johanna Niemi, 2012. "Consumer Insolvency in the European Legal Context," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 443-459, December.
- Aldo Barba & Massimo Pivetti, 2009. "Rising household debt: Its causes and macroeconomic implications--a long-period analysis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 113-137, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nadja König, 2016. "Household Debt and Macrodynamics - How do Income Distribution and Insolvency Regulations interact?," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 201603, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics.
- Merike Kukk, 2014.
"Distinguishing the components of household financial wealth: the impact of liabilities on assets in Euro Area countries,"
Bank of Estonia Working Papers
wp2014-2, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2014.
- Merike Kukk, 2014. "Distinguishing the Components of Household Financial Wealth: the Impact of Liabilities on Assets in Euro Area Countries," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0100418, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Elgin, Ceyhun & Uras, Burak R., 2014.
"Homeownership, informality and the transmission of monetary policy,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 160-168.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Burak R. Uras, 2014. "Homeownership, Informality and the Transmission of Monetary Policy," Working Papers 2014/09, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Uras, R.B. & Elgin, C., 2014. "Homeownership, Informality and the Transmission of Monetary Policy," Other publications TiSEM 8e4ba433-9a16-4e06-8227-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Uras, R.B. & Elgin, C., 2014. "Homeownership, Informality and the Transmission of Monetary Policy," Discussion Paper 2014-045, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Elgin, C. & Uras, R.B., 2014. "Homeownership, Informality and the Transmission of Monetary Policy," Other publications TiSEM c636852b-7e43-48e3-87ee-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Zhang, Hewitt & Hu, Yannan & Hu, Bo, 2012. "House-price crash and macroeconomic crisis: a Hong Kong case study," MPRA Paper 35534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stijn Claessens & M Ayhan Kose, 2018. "Frontiers of macrofinancial linkages," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 95, July.
- Closset, Frédéric & Urban, Daniel, 2019. "The balance of power between creditors and the firm: Evidence from German insolvency law," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 454-477.
- Diana Bonfim & Daniel Dias & Christine Richmond, 2011. "What Happens After Default? Stylized Facts on Access to Credit," Working Papers w201101, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Anna Florio, 2013. "The Implied Consumer Euler Rate: What Role for Financial Frictions?," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 59(4), pages 650-675, December.
- Bruno Biais & Thomas Mariotti, 2009.
"Credit, Wages, and Bankruptcy Laws,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(5), pages 939-973, September.
- Biais, Bruno & Mariotti, Thomas, 2003. "Credit, Wages and Bankruptcy Laws," CEPR Discussion Papers 3996, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Biais & Thomas Mariotti, 2009. "Credit, wages and bankruptcy laws," Post-Print halshs-00491756, HAL.
- Biais, Bruno & Mariotti, Thomas, 2008. "Credit, Wages and Bankruptcy Laws," IDEI Working Papers 289, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Zhang, Tongbin & Hu, Bo, 2011. "House-Price Crash and Macroeconomic Crisis: A Hong Kong Case Study," MPRA Paper 34962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bonfim, Diana & Dias, Daniel A. & Richmond, Christine, 2012. "What happens after corporate default? Stylized facts on access to credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2007-2025.
- František Brazdik & Michal Hlavacek & Aleš Marsal, 2012.
"Survey of Research on Financial Sector Modeling within DSGE Models: What Central Banks Can Learn from It,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 62(3), pages 252-277, July.
- Frantisek Brazdik & Michal Hlavacek & Ales Marsal, 2011. "Survey of Research on Financial Sector Modeling within DSGE Models: What Central Banks Can Learn from It," Research and Policy Notes 2011/03, Czech National Bank.
- Merola, Rossana, 2010. "Optimal monetary policy in a small open economy with financial frictions," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2010,01, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Samarina, Anna & Zhang, Lu & Bezemer, Dirk, 2017. "Credit cycle coherence in the eurozone: Was there a euro effect?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 77-98.
- Jonathan Kearns & Mike Major & David Norman, 2020. "How Risky is Australian Household Debt?," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2020-05, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Jason Allen & Kiana Basiri, 2016. "The Impact of Bankruptcy Reform on Insolvency Choice and Consumer Credit," Staff Working Papers 16-26, Bank of Canada.
- Iris Claus & Veronica Jacobsen & Brock Jera, 2004. "Financial Systems and Economic Growth: An Evaluation Framework for Policy," Treasury Working Paper Series 04/17, New Zealand Treasury.
- Rodney Ramcharan & Christopher Crowe, 2013. "The Impact of House Prices on Consumer Credit: Evidence from an Internet Bank," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1085-1115, September.
- Clayton, Maya & Liñares-Zegarra, José & Wilson, John O.S., 2015. "Does debt affect health? Cross country evidence on the debt-health nexus," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 51-58.
- Zuzana Rakovska & Dominika Ehrenbergerova & Martin Hodula, 2020. "The Power of Sentiment: Irrational Beliefs of Households and Consumer Loan Dynamics," Working Papers 2020/10, Czech National Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate Household Debt; Personal Insolvency Laws; Recessions;
All these keywords.
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- K49 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2016-02-12 (Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2016-02-12 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2016-02-12 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2016-02-12 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hep:macppr:201602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulrich Fritsche). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dwuhhde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.