Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Social Partners and Reforms in the Wage- Setting System in Greece under Austerity'
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Voskeritsian, Horen & Veliziotis, Michail & Kapotas, Panos & Kornelakis, Andreas, 2017. "Between a rock and a hard place: social partners and reforms in the wage- setting system in Greece under austerity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84540, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joan Daouli & Michael Demoussis & Nicholas Giannakopoulos & Ioannis Laliotis, 2013. "Firm-Level Collective Bargaining and Wages in G reece: A Quantile Decomposition Analysis," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 51(1), pages 80-103, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Florence Jaumotte & Prakash Loungani, 2014.
"Labor market policies and IMF advice in advanced economies during the Great Recession,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Florence Jaumotte & Prakash Loungani, 2013. "Labor Market Policies and IMF Advice in Advanced Economies during the Great Recession," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 13/02, International Monetary Fund.
- Stefaan Decramer & Catherine Fuss & Jozef Konings, 2016.
"How Do Exporters React to Changes in Cost Competitiveness?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(10), pages 1558-1583, October.
- Fuss, Catherine & Decramer, Stefaan & Konings, Jozef, 2014. "How do exporters react to changes in cost competitiveness?," Working Paper Series 1752, European Central Bank.
- Stefaan Decramer & Catherine Fuss & Jozef Konings, 2015. "How do exporters react to changes in cost competitiveness ?," Working Paper Research 276, National Bank of Belgium.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Knell, Mark, 2007. "The Competitiveness of Nations: Why Some Countries Prosper While Others Fall Behind," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1595-1620, October.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1996. "Technology and Competitiveness," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 39-51, Autumn.
- Agell, Jonas, 1999.
"On the Benefits from Rigid Labour Markets: Norms, Market Failures, and Social Insurance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages 143-164, February.
- Agell, J., 1998. "On the Benefits from Rigid Labour Markets: Norms, Market Failures, and Social Insurance," Papers 1998:17, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Agell, Jonas, 1998. "On the Benefits from Rigid Labour Markets: Norms, Market Failures, and Social Insurance," Working Paper Series 1998:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Tito Boeri & Jan van Ours, 2013. "The Economics of Imperfect Labor Markets: Second Edition," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10142.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 355-374, June.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2014. "The Greek Public Sector Wage Premium before the Crisis: Size, Selection and Relative Valuation of Characteristics," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 52(3), pages 579-602, September.
- Toke Aidt & Zafiris Tzannatos, 2002. "Unions and Collective Bargaining : Economic Effects in a Global Environment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15241, December.
- Baccaro, Lucio & Rei, Diego, 2007. "Institutional Determinants of Unemployment in OECD Countries: Does the Deregulatory View Hold Water?," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(03), pages 527-569, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness: Errata," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1203-1203, December.
- Andreas Kornelakis, 2016. "Inclusion or Dualization? The Political Economy of Employment Relations in Italian and Greek Telecommunications," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 54(2), pages 385-408, June.
- Howell David R. & Baker Dean & Glyn Andrew & Schmitt John, 2007. "Are Protective Labor Market Institutions at the Root of Unemployment? A Critical Review of the Evidence," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-73, May.
- James S. Mosher & David M. Trubek, 2003. "Alternative Approaches to Governance in the EU: EU Social Policy and the European Employment Strategy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 63-88, March.
- Berg, Birgitta & Kilvits, Kaarel & Tombak, Mihkel, . "Technology Policyfor Improving Competitiveness of Estonian Industries," ETLA C, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 73, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hatgioannides, John & Karanassou, Marika & Sala, Hector & Karanasos, Menelaos G. & Koutroumpis, Panagiotis, 2017.
"The legacy of a fractured Eurozone: the Greek Dra(ch)ma,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
84542, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- John Hatgioannides & Marika Karanassou & Hector Sala & Menelaos Karanasos & Panagiotis Koutroumpis, 2017. "The Legacy of a Fractured Eurozone: the Greek Dra(ch)ma," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 115, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
More about this item
Keywordssocial partners; wage setting system; reforms; Greece; austerity; crisis;
- N0 - Economic History - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hel:greese:114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassilis Monastiriotis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.