Missing Poor and Income Mobility
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- James E Duggan & Robert Gillingham & John S Greenlees, 2008.
"Mortality and Lifetime Income: Evidence from U.S. Social Security Records,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 55(4), pages 566-594, December.
- John S. Greenlees & James E. Duggan & Robert Gillingham, 2007. "Mortality and Lifetime Income; Evidence from U.S. Social Security Records," IMF Working Papers 07/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Angus Deaton, 2003.
"Health, Inequality, and Economic Development,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 41(1), pages 113-158, March.
- Deaton, A., 2001. "Health, Inequality, and Economic Development," Papers 200, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton, 2001. "Health, Inequality, and Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 8318, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton, 2002. "Health, inequality, and economic development," Working Papers 270, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Angus Deaton, 2016. "Health, Inequality and Economic Development," Working Papers id:8791, eSocialSciences.
- Angus Deaton, 2002. "Health, inequality, and economic development," Working Papers 209, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Mathieu Lefebvre & Pierre Pestieau & Gregory Ponthiere, 2013.
"Measuring poverty without the Mortality Paradox,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 40(1), pages 285-316, January.
- LEFEBVRE, Mathieu & PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, 2011. "Measuring poverty without the mortality paradox," CORE Discussion Papers 2011068, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mathieu Lefebvre & Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2013. "Measuring poverty without the Mortality Paradox," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00813214, HAL.
- Mathieu Lefebvre & Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2011. "Measuring Poverty Without The Mortality Paradox," PSE Working Papers halshs-00622325, HAL.
- Ravi Kanbur & Diganta Mukherjee, 2007.
"Premature Mortality And Poverty Measurement,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 339-359, October.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2003. "Premature Mortality And Poverty Measurement," Working Papers 127197, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Diganta Mukherji, 2006. "Premature Mortality and Poverty Measurement," Working Papers id:707, eSocialSciences.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2003. "Premature mortality and poverty measurement," ISER Working Paper Series 2003-06, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Sen, Amartya, 1998.
"Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 1-25, January.
- Amartya Sen, 1995. "Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure," Papers innlec95/2, Innocenti Lectures.
- Fields, Gary S. & Ok, Efe A., 1996. "The Meaning and Measurement of Income Mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 349-377, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/451 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Schluter & Dirk Van de gaer, 2011.
"Upward Structural Mobility, Exchange Mobility, And Subgroup Consistent Mobility Measurement: U.S.–German Mobility Rankings Revisited,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(1), pages 1-22, March.
- SCHLUTER, Christian & VAN DE GAER, Dirk, 2011. "Upward structural mobility, exchange mobility, and subgroup consistent mobility measurement: U.S.-German mobility rankings revisited," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2293, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hoy, Michael & Zheng, Buhong, 2011. "Measuring lifetime poverty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(6), pages 2544-2562.
- Mathieu Lefebvre & Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2018. "FGT Old-Age Poverty Measures and the Mortality Paradox: Theory and Evidence," Post-Print halshs-01630662, HAL.
- Backlund, Eric & Sorlie, Paul D. & Johnson, Norman J., 1999. "A comparison of the relationships of education and income with mortality: the national longitudinal mortality study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(10), pages 1373-1384, November.
More about this item
Keywordsincome mobility; poverty; measurement; mortality; missing poor;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-01662808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.