Climate policies deserve a negative discount rate
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marc Fleurbaey & Stéphane Zuber, 2013. "Climate Policies Deserve a Negative Discount Rate," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01048583, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2010.
"Assessing Risky Social Situations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(4), pages 649-680, August.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2007. "Assessing Risky Social Situations," IDEP Working Papers 0703, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Jan 2007.
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 2009. "Assessing risky social situations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27006, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc, 2010. "Assessing risky social situations," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2289, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521700801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gollier, Christian, 2002. "Discounting an uncertain future," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 149-166, August.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1995. "Intergenerational discounting," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 395-401.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2009.
"On Modeling and Interpreting the Economics of Catastrophic Climate Change,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 2009. "On Modeling and Interpreting the Economics of Catastrophic Climate Change," Scholarly Articles 3693423, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 1998. "Why the Far-Distant Future Should Be Discounted at Its Lowest Possible Rate," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 201-208, November.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- A negative discount rate for climate policy?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2012-10-01 19:55:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xavier Richet, 2013. "L'internationalisation des firmes chinoises : croissance, motivations, stratégies," Working Papers halshs-00796197, HAL.
- Byasdeb Dasgupta, 2013. "Financialization, Labour Market Flexibility, Global Crisis and New Imperialism - A Marxist Perspective," Working Papers halshs-00840831, HAL.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2011.
"Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change,"
WP368, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2015. "Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 5588, CESifo Group Munich.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2013. "Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-130/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2013. "Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change," Working Paper Series 6313, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Daniel A. Farber, 2015. "Gambling over Growth: Economic Uncertainty, Discounting, and Regulatory Policy," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(S2), pages 509-528.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Zuber, Stéphane, 2015.
"Discounting, risk and inequality: A general approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 34-49.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Stéphane Zuber, 2014. "Discounting, Risk and Inequality: A General Approach," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00973471, HAL.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Stéphane Zuber, 2014. "Discounting, Risk and Inequality: A General Approach," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14015, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Stéphane Zuber & Marc Fleurbaey, 2015. "Discounting, risk and inequality: A general approach," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01300594, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10490 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:22:y:2016:i:pa:p:60-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Byasdeb Dasgupta, 2013. "Some Aspects of External Dimensions of Indian Economy in the Age of Globalisation," Working Papers halshs-00820294, HAL.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:29:y:2017:i:pb:p:87-93 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordstaux d'escompte; politique climatique; équité intergénérationnelle; discounting; climate policy; intergenerational equity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00728193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.