Climate policies deserve a negative discount rate
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marc Fleurbaey & Stéphane Zuber, 2013. "Climate Policies Deserve a Negative Discount Rate," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01048583, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2010.
"Assessing Risky Social Situations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(4), pages 649-680, August.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2007. "Assessing Risky Social Situations," IDEP Working Papers 0703, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Jan 2007.
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 2009. "Assessing risky social situations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27006, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc, 2010. "Assessing risky social situations," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2289, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gollier, Christian, 2002. "Discounting an uncertain future," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 149-166, August.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1995. "Intergenerational discounting," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 395-401.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2009.
"On Modeling and Interpreting the Economics of Catastrophic Climate Change,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 2009. "On Modeling and Interpreting the Economics of Catastrophic Climate Change," Scholarly Articles 3693423, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 1998. "Why the Far-Distant Future Should Be Discounted at Its Lowest Possible Rate," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 201-208, November.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- A negative discount rate for climate policy?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2012-10-01 19:55:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xavier Richet, 2013. "L'internationalisation des firmes chinoises : croissance, motivations, stratégies," Working Papers halshs-00796197, HAL.
- Byasdeb Dasgupta, 2013. "Financialization, Labour Market Flexibility, Global Crisis and New Imperialism - A Marxist Perspective," Working Papers halshs-00840831, HAL.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2011.
"Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change,"
WP368, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2015. "Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 5588, CESifo Group Munich.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2013. "Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-130/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2013. "Modified Ramsey Discounting for Climate Change," Working Paper Series 6313, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Daniel A. Farber, 2015. "Gambling over Growth: Economic Uncertainty, Discounting, and Regulatory Policy," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(S2), pages 509-528.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Zuber, Stéphane, 2015.
"Discounting, risk and inequality: A general approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 34-49.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Stéphane Zuber, 2014. "Discounting, Risk and Inequality: A General Approach," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00973471, HAL.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Stéphane Zuber, 2014. "Discounting, Risk and Inequality: A General Approach," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14015, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Stéphane Zuber & Marc Fleurbaey, 2015. "Discounting, risk and inequality: A general approach," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01300594, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10490 is not listed on IDEAS
- Byasdeb Dasgupta, 2013. "Some Aspects of External Dimensions of Indian Economy in the Age of Globalisation," Working Papers halshs-00820294, HAL.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:29:y:2017:i:pb:p:87-93 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordstaux d'escompte; politique climatique; équité intergénérationnelle; discounting; climate policy; intergenerational equity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-09-16 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-09-16 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00728193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .