Pricing in networks
This paper studies optimal pricing in networks in the presence of local consumption or price externalities. It analyzes the relation between prices and nodal centrality measures. Using an asymptotic approach, it shows that the ranking of optimal prices and strategies can be reduced to the lexicographic ranking of a specific vector of nodal characteristics. In particular, this result shows that with positive consumption externalities, prices are higher at nodes with higher degree, and with relative price externalities, prices are higher at nodes which have more neighbors of smaller degree.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00356356/en/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Martí, Joan & Zenou, Yves, 2009.
CEPR Discussion Papers
7599, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrea Galeotti & Sanjeev Goyal & Matthew O. Jackson & Fernando Vega-Redondo & Leeat Yariv, 2008.
Economics Working Papers
ECO2008/07, European University Institute.
- Jullien, Bruno, 2000. "Competing in Network Industries: Divide and Conquer," IDEI Working Papers 112, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jul 2001.
- Banerji, A. & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2009.
"Local network externalities and market segmentation,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 605-614, September.
- Banerji, A & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2005. "Local Network Externalities and Market Segmentation," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 725, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- A. Banerji & Bhaskar Dutta, 2008. "Local network externalities and market segmentation," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-13, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Ballester, Coralio & Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2005.
"Who’s Who in Networks. Wanted: The Key Player,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Coralio Ballester & Antoni Calvo-Armengol & Yves Zenou, 2005. "Who's Who in Networks. Wanted: the Key Player," NajEcon Working Paper Reviews 666156000000000586, www.najecon.org.
- Coralio Ballester & Antoni CalvÃ³-Armengol & Yves Zenou, 2015. "Who's Who in Networks. Wanted: The Key Player," Working Papers 178, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Andrea Galeotti, 2010. "Talking, Searching, And Pricing," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1159-1174, November.
- Bramoulle, Yann & Kranton, Rachel, 2007. "Public goods in networks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 478-494, July.
- Andrea Galeotti & Sanjeev Goyal, 2007.
"A Theory of Strategic Diffusion,"
Economics Discussion Papers
635, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00356356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.