Persistent Classmates: How Familiarity with Peers Protects from Disruptive School Transitions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Julie Berry Cullen & Brian A Jacob & Steven Levitt, 2006. "The Effect of School Choice on Participants: Evidence from Randomized Lotteries," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(5), pages 1191-1230, September.
- Sergio Currarini & Matthew O. Jackson & Paolo Pin, 2009.
"An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities, and Segregation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1003-1045, July.
- Sergio Currarini & Paolo Pin & Matthew O. Jackson, 2007. "An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities and Segregation," Working Papers 2007_20, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Timothy J. Halliday & Sally Kwak, 2012.
"What is a peer? The role of network definitions in estimation of endogenous peer effects,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 289-302, January.
- Halliday, Timothy J. & Kwak, Sally, 2008. "What Is a Peer? The Role of Network Definitions in Estimation of Endogenous Peer Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 3335, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schwerdt, Guido & West, Martin R., 2013.
"The impact of alternative grade configurations on student outcomes through middle and high school,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 308-326.
- Guido Schwerdt & Martin R. West, 2011. "The Impact of Alternative Grade Configurations on Student Outcomes through Middle and High School," CESifo Working Paper Series 3530, CESifo Group Munich.
- Schwerdt, Guido & West, Martin R., 2011. "The Impact of Alternative Grade Configurations on Student Outcomes through Middle and High School," IZA Discussion Papers 6208, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Donald B. Rubin, 1977. "Assignment to Treatment Group on the Basis of a Covariate," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Victor Lavy & Edith Sand, 2012. "The Friends Factor: How Students' Social Networks Affect Their Academic Achievement and Well-Being?," NBER Working Papers 18430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline Hoxby, 2000. "Peer Effects in the Classroom: Learning from Gender and Race Variation," NBER Working Papers 7867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mora, Toni & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2011. "Peer effects on high school aspirations: Evidence from a sample of close and not-so-close friends," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 575-581, August.
- Foster, Gigi, 2006. "It's not your peers, and it's not your friends: Some progress toward understanding the educational peer effect mechanism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1455-1475, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Silva, Olmo & Weinhardt, Felix, 2014. "Neighbourhood Turnover and Teenage Attainment," IZA Discussion Papers 8381, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luc Behaghel & Clément de Chaisemartin & Marc Gurgand, 2017.
"Ready for Boarding? The Effects of a Boarding School for Disadvantaged Students,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 140-164, January.
- Behaghel, Luc & de Chaisemartin, Clement & Gurgand, Marc, 2015. "Ready for boarding? The effects of a boarding school for disadvantaged students," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1059, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Luc Behaghel & Clément De Chaisemartin & Marc Gurgand, 2017. "Ready for Boarding? The Effects of a Boarding School for Disadvantaged Students," Post-Print hal-01590806, HAL.
- Goux, Dominique & Gurgand, Marc & Maurin, Eric, 2014. "Adjusting Your Dreams? The Effect of School and Peers on Dropout Behaviour," IZA Discussion Papers 7948, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:oup:jeurec:v:15:y:2017:i:4:p:746-783. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFriendships; Social Networks; High schools; Class composition; Peer effects;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2013-07-20 (Education)
- NEP-SOC-2013-07-20 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2013-07-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00842265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .