Urban logistics solutions and financing mechanisms: a scenario assessment analysis
This paper presents the main issues related to the financing of urban logistics solutions, more precisely to the contribution of economic analysis on strategic decision support related for urban logistics financing, focusing on cost benefit analysis. First we present the main funding strategies in urban economics, mainly in the field of urban logistics. Second we address the contribution of cost benefit analysis by recalling the main methodology and adapting it to urban logistics. Third we apply the method to the example of deploying a delivery space booking network, and illustrate the application via a set of three examples containing different situations and scenarios, which are presented, assessed and discussed. From the different simulations, it is observed that the way the system is financed has strong impacts on both its individual cost (for potential users) and its attractiveness.
|Date of creation:||05 Jul 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in European Transport/Trasporti Europei, 2013, 54 (11), pp.1-16|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00843282|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hayashi, Y. & Morisugi, H., 2000. "International comparison of background concept and methodology of transportation project appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 73-88, January.
- Nuzzolo, Agostino & Crisalli, Umberto & Comi, Antonio, 2012. "A trip chain order model for simulating urban freight restocking," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 50, pages 7.
- Jesus Gonzalez-Feliu & Joelle Morana, 2010. "Are City Logistics Solutions Sustainable? The Cityporto case," Post-Print halshs-00530016, HAL.
- Christian Ambrosini & Jesus Gonzalez-Feliu & Florence Toilier, 2013. "A design methodology for scenario-analysis in urban freight modelling," Post-Print halshs-00843286, HAL.
- Julian Allen & Michael Browne & Tom Cherrett, 2012. "Survey Techniques in Urban Freight Transport Studies," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 287-311, February.
- William Roy & Alain Bonnafous & Pablo Jensen, 2006. "Le cofinancement usager - contribuable et le partenariat public - privé changent les termes de l'évaluation des programmes d'investissement public," Post-Print halshs-00122918, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00843282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.