Knowledge intensive business services and long term growth
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Desmarchelier, Benoît & Djellal, Faridah & Gallouj, Faïz, 2013. "Knowledge intensive business services and long term growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 188-205.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2001.
"Must the Growth Rate Decline? Baumol's Unbalanced Growth Revisited,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 605-627, October.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2000. "Must the growth rate decline? Baumol's unbalanced growth revisited," Bank of England working papers 107, Bank of England.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 2004.
"From Physical to Human Capital Accumulation: Inequality and the Process of Development,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 71(4), pages 1001-1026.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 1999. "From Physical to Human Capital Accumulation: Inequality in the Process of Development," Working Papers 99-27, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 2004. "From Physical to Human Capital Accumulation: Inequality and the Process of Development," GE, Growth, Math methods 0410005, EconWPA.
- Galor, Oded & Moav, Omer, 1999. "From Physical to Human Capital Accumulation: Inequality in the Process of Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gallouj, Faiz & Weinstein, Olivier, 1997. "Innovation in services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 537-556, December.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2000.
"Knowledge-intensive Business Services: Processing Knowledge and Producing Innovation,"
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002. "Knowledge-intensive Business Services: Processing Knowledge and Producing Innovation," Post-Print halshs-01116562, HAL.
- Baumol, William J & Wolff, Edward N, 1983. " Feedback from Productivity Growth to R & D," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 147-157.
- FaÏz Gallouj & Faridah Djellal, 2010. "The Handbook of Innovation and Services: A Multi-disciplinary Perspective," Post-Print hal-01111763, HAL.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2012. "L'innovation dans les services publics," Revue française d'économie, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(2), pages 97-142.
- Carol Corrado & Charles Hulten & Daniel Sichel, 2009. "Intangible Capital And U.S. Economic Growth," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(3), pages 661-685, September.
- Faridah Djellal & Dominique Francoz & Camal Gallouj & Faïz Gallouj & Yves Jacquin, 2003.
"Revising the definition of research and development in the light of the specificities of services,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 30(6), pages 415-429, December.
- Faridah Djellal & D. Francoz & Camal Gallouj & Faïz Gallouj & Y. Jacquin, 2003. "Revising the definition of research and development in the light of the specificities of services," Post-Print halshs-00006723, HAL.
- Faridah Djellal & Dominique Francoz & Camal Gallouj & Faïz Gallouj & Yves Jacquin, 2003. "Revising the definition of research and development in the light of the specificities of services," Post-Print halshs-01133147, HAL.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Fagiolo, Giorgio & Roventini, Andrea, 2010.
"Schumpeter meeting Keynes: A policy-friendly model of endogenous growth and business cycles,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1748-1767, September.
- Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Andrea Roventini, 2008. "Schumpeter Meeting Keynes: A Policy-Friendly Model of Endogenous Growth and Business Cycles," Working Papers 50/2008, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Andrea Roventini, 2008. "Schumpeter Meeting Keynes: A Policy-Friendly Model of Endogenous Growth and Business Cycles," LEM Papers Series 2008/21, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Kox, Henk L.M. & Rubalcaba, Luis, 2007.
"Business services and the changing structure of European economic growth,"
3750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henk Kox & Luis Rubalcaba, 2007. "Business services and the changing structure of European economic growth," CPB Memorandum 183, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Prescott, Edward C, 1998. "Needed: A Theory of Total Factor Productivity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 525-551, August.
- Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Andrea Roventini, 2008. "The microfoundations of business cycles: an evolutionary, multi-agent model," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 413-432, August.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1999.
"Interactional innovation: a neo-Schumpeterian model,"
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002. "Interactional innovation: a neoschumpeterian model," Post-Print halshs-00198413, HAL.
- Muller, Emmanuel & Zenker, Andrea, 2001. "Business services as actors of knowledge transformation: the role of KIBS in regional and national innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1501-1516, December.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2006.
"Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory,"
Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 831-880
- Leigh Tesfatsion, 2006. "Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 527, Society for Computational Economics.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2006. "Agent-Based Computational Economics: A Constructive Approach to Economic Theory," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12514, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Andrea Roventini, 2006. "An Evolutionary Model of Endogenous Business Cycles," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 3-34, February.
- Bessant, John & Rush, Howard, 1995. "Building bridges for innovation: the role of consultants in technology transfer," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 97-114, January.
- Oded Galor, 2011. "Unified Growth Theory," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9477.
- Dawid, Herbert, 2006. "Agent-based Models of Innovation and Technological Change," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1235-1272 Elsevier.
- Holland, John H & Miller, John H, 1991. "Artificial Adaptive Agents in Economic Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 365-371, May.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Alfred Spielkamp, 2003.
"Business services in Germany: bridges for innovation,"
The Service Industries Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 1-30, March.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Spielkamp, Alfred, 2000. "Business services in Germany: bridges for innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-52, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1993. "The Search for the Sources of Growth: Areas of Ignorance, Old and New," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(02), pages 217-243, June.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:jecgeo:v:18:y:2018:i:1:p:1-33. is not listed on IDEAS
- Pedrosa Silva Duarte Maria Adelaide & Nunes Simões Marta Cristina, 2014. "Tertiarization and Human Capital: Do They Matter for Growth? Insights From Portugal," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 61(1), pages 1-24, July.
- Matthias Figo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Strukturwandel und regionales Wachstum - wissensintensive Unternehmensdienste als Wachstumsmotor?," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 145, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Matteo Lucchese & Valentina Meliciani, 2015. "Business services and the export performances of manufacturing industries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(5), pages 959-981, November.
- Michaela Trippl & Franz Tödtling & Lukas Lengauer, 2007.
"The Vienna software cluster: Local buzz without global pipelines?,"
sre-disc-2007_07, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Trippl, Michaela & Tödtling, Franz & Lengauer, Lukas, 2007. "The Vienna software cluster: local buzz without global pipelines?," SRE-Discussion Papers 550, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Marta C. N. Simões & Adelaide Duarte, 2013. "Human Capital and Growth in a Services Economy: the Case of Portugal," GEMF Working Papers 2013-21, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Gotsch, Matthias & Hipp, Christiane & Gallego, J. & Rubalcaba, L., 2011. "Sectoral innovation performance in the knowledge intensive services," Working Paper Series 11, Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU Cottbus), Chair of Organization, Human Resource & General Management.
- Cristian Dragos & Simona Laura Dragos, 2012. "Econometric Estimations of the Services and Financial Sector Impact on Economic Growth Variations in Times of Crisis," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(Special N), pages 621-634, November.
- Marina Doroshenko & Ian Miles & Dmitri Vinogradov, 2013. "Knowledge Intensive Business Services As Generators Of Innovations," HSE Working papers WP BRP 12/STI/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Heidi Wiig Aslesen & Arne Isaksen & Lasse SigbjÃ¸rn StambÃ¸l, 2004. "KIBS and industrial development of cities.Labour mobility, innovation and client interaction," ERSA conference papers ersa04p475, European Regional Science Association.
- Daria Ciriaci & Sandro Montresor & Daniela Palma, 2013. "Do KIBS make manufacturing more innovative? An empirical investigation for four European countries," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2013-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; Business services; Structural change;
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-11-24 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2012-11-24 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-FDG-2012-11-24 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2012-11-24 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-KNM-2012-11-24 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2012-11-24 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00748661. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.