Périodiser les phases de régime et de crise des usages de l'eau. L'apport d'une approche en termes de modes d'usage de l'eau
This paper presents the analytical contribution of the "water use mode" as an observation domain, in the context of a new syncretic institutionalist approach recently developed by Billaudot, to understand the evolution of water use. In an amended version of the concept originally proposed by Arrus (2000), the water use mode shapes our empirical corpus based on qualitative fieldworks coupled with a historiographical analysis of the evolution of water use in the agricultural sector in Almeria between the late nineteenth century and today. On the one hand, the water use mode allows us to describe the evolution of uses in four periods: the first three correspond to the phases of genesis, regime and crisis of a particular water use mode, while the fourth one reflects the emergence of a new mode to address the limitations of the previous one. On the other hand, we mobilize the theoretical approach to characterize the first mode stamped as "hydraulicist" and to understand the determinants of its crisis (described in the framework of a new typology of crisis). Finally, we show how the new mode attempts to address the limitations of the previous mode. Nevertheless, it actually does not imply a paradigm shift but corresponds to a "crisis regime".
|Date of creation:||05 Jul 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Political Economy and the Outlook for Capitalism, Joint Conference AFEP - AHE - IIPPE, Jul 2012, Paris, France|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00716693|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Batifoulier & Maryse Gadreau, 2005.
"Ethique médicale et politique de santé,"
- Philippe Batifoulier & Maryse Gadreau, 2005. "Ethique médicale et politique de santé," Post-Print halshs-00008780, HAL.
- Coase, R H, 1992. "The Institutional Structure of Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-719, September.
- Coase Ronald, 1991. "The Institutional Structure of Production," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 2(4), pages 1-10, December.
- Coase, Ronald H., 1991. "The Institutional Structure of Production," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1991-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Ch. Bessy & O. Favereau., 2010. "Institutions and Economics of Conventions," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 7.
- Franck Bessis, 2008. "Quelques convergences remarquables entre l'Économie des Conventions et la Théorie de la Régulation," Revue française de socio-Economie, La découverte, vol. 0(1), pages 9-25.
- Franck Bessis, 2008. "Quelques convergences remarquables entre l'Économie des Conventions et la Théorie de la Régulation," Post-Print halshs-00785370, HAL.
- Gregory Clark, 2007. "A Review of Avner Greif's Institutions and the Path to the Modern Economy: Lessons from Medieval Trade," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 725-741, September.
- Bromley, Daniel W., 1989. "Property relations and economic development: The other land reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 867-877, June.
- Billaudot, Bernard, 2009. "Les institutions dans la théorie de la régulation : une actualisation," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 6.
- Paul DiMaggio, 1998. "The New Institutionalisms: Avenues of Collaboration," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 154(4), pages 696-696, December.
- Favereau, Olivier, 2011. "New Institutional Economics versus Economics of Conventions: The difference between bounded rationality and... bounded rationality," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 13(1), pages 22-27.
- Gerber, Jean-David & Knoepfel, Peter & Nahrath, Stéphane & Varone, Frédéric, 2009. "Institutional Resource Regimes: Towards sustainability through the combination of property-rights theory and policy analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 798-809, January.
- Commons, John R., 1931. "Institutional Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 21, pages 648-657.
- Hall, Peter A. & Taylor, Rosemary C. R., 1996. "Political science and the three new institutionalisms," MPIfG Discussion Paper 96/6, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Bernard Billaudot, 2011. "Justice distributive et justice commutative dans la société moderne," Post-Print halshs-00644799, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00716693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.