The alignment of European Law in pre-candidate countries: the case of Bosnia and Herzegovina wine law
The purpose of this paper is to examine mechanism of Europeanisation trough the creation process example of a new wine law in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), combining domestic wine regulations and EU legislative frameworks. We will analyze criteria and implications of Europeanization process, focusing on mechanism of assistance to candidate and pre-candidate countries. The aim is to understand the genesis of the conflict that hinders the development process and represents a barrier to trade liberalization. Adoption of law in BiH, as well as ordinances and regulations for its implementation and enforcement, is a precondition for a harmonized legal framework and competitive rules for the agriculture sector. For the analysis, we used dimensions of integrations and institutionalism theories as lenses to explore this processes. This approach is the one of the theoretical perspectives that has won converts and provided in many cases a useful tool for analyzing EU integration.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coase, Ronald H., 1991.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
1991-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Coase, R H, 1992. "The Institutional Structure of Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-19, September.
- Coase Ronald, 1991. "The Institutional Structure of Production," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 2(4), pages 10, December.
- Daniel Brou & Michele Ruta, 2011. "Economic Integration, Political Integration Or Both?," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(6), pages 1143-1167, December.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandemoortele, Thijs, 2009.
"Trade, Development, and the Political Economy of Public Standards,"
113th Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece
58139, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2009. "Trade, Development, and the Political Economy of Public Standards," LICOS Discussion Papers 23609, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa126:126100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.