2010-2020 : une décennie décisive pour l'avenir du climat planétaire
The long term future of the planet's climate will depend of the policies implemented in the next decades. While economic development in the last two centuries has been based on an intensive use of fossil energy resources, the major challenge for the XXIst century is the transition towards low carbon energy systems. This will impose drastic changes in the dynamics of some fundamentals variables of energy development in every region, in particular the energy intensity of GDP and the carbon intensity of the energy mix. The accumulation of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere and consequently the climate for the future generations will directly depend of the capability of the international community to implement the required changes in economic development patterns.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Economie Appliquée, Presses de l'ISMEA, 2012, LXV (n° 2, " Questions pour Rio+20 "), pp.47-76|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00709938|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Stehfest, Elke & den Elzen, Michel G.J. & van Vliet, Jasper & Isaac, Morna, 2010. "Exploring IMAGE model scenarios that keep greenhouse gas radiative forcing below 3 W/m2 in 2100," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1105-1120, September.
- Freeman, Chris & Louca, Francisco, 2002.
"As Time Goes By: From the Industrial Revolutions to the Information Revolution,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199251056, April.
- Freeman, Chris & Louca, Francisco, 2001. "As Time Goes By: From the Industrial Revolutions to the Information Revolution," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199241071, April.
- Criqui, Patrick & Mima, Silvana, 2012. "European climate—energy security nexus: A model based scenario analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 827-842.
- Alban Kitous, Patrick Criqui, Elie Bellevrat and Bertrand Chateau, 2010. "Transformation Patterns of the Worldwide Energy System - Scenarios for the Century with the POLES Model," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I).
- Alban Kitous & Patrick Criqui & Elie Bellevrat & Bertrand Chateau, 2010. "Transformation Patterns of the Worldwide Energy System – Scenarios for the Century with the POLES Model," Post-Print halshs-00450304, HAL.
- Patrick Criqui & Silvana Mima, 2012. "European climate -- energy security nexus: A model based scenario analysis," Post-Print halshs-00661043, HAL.
- Robert N. Stavins, 2012. "An Unambiguous Consequence of the Durban Climate Talks," Review of Environment, Energy and Economics - Re3, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00709938. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.