Labour Market Segmentation : a Comparison between France and the UK From the Eighties to nowadays
Regarding changes in French and British labour market as in their educational system since the Eighties, one may address the evolution of their labour market segmentation. Is the predominance of Internal Labour Market in France and Occupational Labour Market in Great Britain (Eyraud, Marsden, Silvestre,1990) still relevant ? We propose a more complex segmentation of labour market with four segments based on tenure, labour mobility and their wage return to account for nowadays situation. Empirical investigations we carried out are based on national labour surveys (Enquête Emploi for France, LFS and GHS for Great Britain). In this paper we expose first investigations and explain which further methods we propose to use in order to characterise French and British labour market segmentation.
|Date of creation:||09 Jul 2004|
|Publication status:||Published in 16th Annual Meeting on Socio-Economics, SASE - Society for the advancement of socio-economics, Washington, 8-11 juillet 2004, Jul 2004, pp.20, 2004|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00082338|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel Fouquin & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2000.
"Le marché du travail britannique vu de France,"
Économie et Statistique,
Programme National Persée, vol. 332(1), pages 97-115.
- Dickens, William T & Lang, Kevin, 1985.
"A Test of Dual Labor Market Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 792-805, September.
- Gregg, Paul & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1995. "A Short History of Labour Turnover, Job Tenure, and Job Security, 1975-93," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 73-90, Spring.
- Green, Francis & McIntosh, Steven & Vignoles, Anna, 2002. "The Utilization of Education and Skills: Evidence from Britain," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(6), pages 792-811, December.
- Francois Eyraud & David Marsden & Jean-Jacques Silvestre, 1990. "Occupational and internal labour markets in Britain and France," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 21305, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00082338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.