Brain drain of brain gain? Hoger opgeleiden in grote steden in Nederland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- L. Biggeri & M. Bini & L. Grilli, 2001. "The transition from university to work: a multilevel approach to the analysis of the time to obtain the first job," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 293-305.
- Cécile Détang‐Dessendre & Carine Drapier & Hubert Jayet, 2004.
"The Impact of Migration on Wages: Empirical Evidence from French Youth,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 661-691, November.
- Cécile Détang-Dessendre & Carine Drapier & Hubert Jayet, 2004. "The Impact of Migration on Wages: Empirical Evidence from French Youth," Post-Print hal-02318756, HAL.
- Frank Corvers & Maud Hensen & Dion Bongaerts, 2009. "Delimitation and Coherence of Functional and Administrative Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 19-31.
- Maud M. Hensen & M. Robert De Vries & Frank Cörvers, 2009.
"The role of geographic mobility in reducing education‐job mismatches in the Netherlands,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 667-682, August.
- Hensen, M.M. & de Vries, M.R. & Cörvers, F., 2009. "The role of geographic mobility in reducing education-job mismatches in the Netherlands," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Paul E. Gabriel & Susanne Schmitz, 1995. "Favorable Self-Selection and the Internal Migration of Young White Males in the United States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 460-471.
- Borjas, George J. & Bronars, Stephen G. & Trejo, Stephen J., 1992.
"Self-selection and internal migration in the United States,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-185, September.
- George J. Borjas & Stephen G. Bronars & Stephen J. Trejo, 1992. "Self-Selection and Internal Migration in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004.
"Are migrants more skilled than non-migrants? Repeat, return, and same-employer migrants,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 830-849, November.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are migrants more skilled than non‐migrants? Repeat, return, and same‐employer migrants," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 37(4), pages 830-849, November.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants?: Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 422, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants? Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants," NBER Working Papers 10633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert A. Nakosteen & Olle Westerlund & Michael Zimmer, 2008. "Migration And Self‐Selection: Measured Earnings And Latent Characteristics," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 769-788, October.
- Julie DaVanzo & Peter Morrison, 1981. "Return and other sequences of migration in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 18(1), pages 85-101, February.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- Roger Axelsson & Olle Westerlund, 1998. "A panel study of migration, self-selection and household real income," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 113-126.
- Viktor Venhorst & Jouke Van Dijk & Leo Van Wissen, 2010. "Do The Best Graduates Leave The Peripheral Areas Of The Netherlands?," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 101(5), pages 521-537, December.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2006. "Human capital flows and regional knowledge assets: a simultaneous equation approach," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 475-500, July.
- van der Klaauw, Bas & van Vuuren, Aico, 2010. "Job search and academic achievement," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 294-316, February.
- Herzog, Henry W, Jr & Hofler, Richard A & Schlottmann, Alan M, 1985. "Life on the Frontier: Migrant Information, Earnings and Past Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 373-382, August.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1989. "Unemployment and the Inter-regional Mobility of Labour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 739-755, September.
- Robert Nakosteen & Olle Westerlund, 2004.
"The effects of regional migration on gross income of labour in Sweden,"
Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 581-595, July.
- Robert Nakosteen & Olle Westerlund, 2004. "The effects of regional migration on gross income of labour in Sweden," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(3), pages 581-595, July.
- Krieg, Randall G., 1997. "Occupational change, employer change, internal migration, and earnings," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Benoit Dostie & Pierre Léger, 2009. "Self-selection in migration and returns to unobservables," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 1005-1024, October.
- A. D. Roy, 1951. "Some Thoughts On The Distribution Of Earnings," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 135-146.
- Jeffrey J. Yankow, 2003. "Migration, Job Change, and Wage Growth: A New Perspective on the Pecuniary Return to Geographic Mobility," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 483-516, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gro:rugurs:vavenhorst. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hanneke Tamling). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.