Occupational change, employer change, internal migration, and earnings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bartel, Ann P, 1979. "The Migration Decision: What Role Does Job Mobility Play?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 775-786, December.
- Chris Robinson & Nigel Tomes, 1982.
"Self-Selection and Interprovincial Migration in Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 474-502, August.
- Chris Robinson & Nigel Tomes, 1980. "Self-Selection and Interprovincial Migration in Canada," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8019, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Falaris, Evangelos M, 1987. "A Nested Logit Migration Model with Selectivity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(2), pages 429-443, June.
- Heckman, James J, 1978.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-959, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1977. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," NBER Working Papers 0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1979. "Identification and Estimation in Binary Choice Models with Limited (Censored) Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 977-996, July.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G & Trejo, Stephen J, 1992. "Assimilation and the Earnings of Young Internal Migrants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 170-175, February.
- Alan M. Schlottmann & Henry W. Herzog Jr., 1984. "Career and Geographic Mobility Interactions: Implications for the Age Selectivity of Migration," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(1), pages 72-86.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1994. "When is a move a migration?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 341-360, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Hassler & José V. Rodríguez Mora & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2005.
"A Positive Theory Of Geographic Mobility And Social Insurance,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(1), pages 263-303, February.
- Hassler, John & Mora, José V Rodríguez & Storesletten, Kjetil & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2001. "A Positive Theory of Geographic Mobility and Social Insurance," CEPR Discussion Papers 2964, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Hassler & José V. Rodríguez Mora & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2003. "A Positive Theory of Geographic Mobility and Social Insurance," Working Papers 86, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- John Hassler & José V. Rodríguez Mora, 2003. "A Positive Theory of Geographic Mobility and Social Insurance," Working Papers 97, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Hassler, John & Mora, Jose & Storesletten, Kjetil & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2002. "A positive theory of geographical mobility and social insurance," Seminar Papers 705, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- John Hassler & José V. Rodríguez Mora & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2001. "A positive theory of geographic mobility and social insurance," Economics Working Papers 604, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- John Hassler & José V. Rodriguez Mora & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2002. "A Positive Theory of Geographic Mobility and Social Insurance," CESifo Working Paper Series 791, CESifo.
- Lkhagvasuren, Damba, 2014. "Education, mobility and the college wage premium," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 159-173.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003.
"Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003. "Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Christiadi & Brian Cushing, 2008.
"The Joint Choice Of An Individual'S Occupation And Destination,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 893-919, December.
- Christiadi & Brian Cushing, 2006. "The Joint Choice of an Individual's Occupation and Destination," Working Papers Research Paper 2006-01, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Chenoa Flippen, 2014. "U.S. internal Migration and Occupational Attainment: Assessing Absolute and Relative Outcomes by Region and Race," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 33(1), pages 31-61, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:12:p:16130-16147:d:59950 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dijk, J. van & Broersma, L. & Edzes, A.J.E. & Venhorst, V.A, 2011. "Brain drain of brain gain? Hoger opgeleiden in grote steden in Nederland," Research Reports vavenhorst, University of Groningen, Urban and Regional Studies Institute (URSI).
- Ye Seul Choi & Up Lim, 2015. "Effects of Regional Creative Milieu on Interregional Migration of the Highly Educated in Korea: Evidence from Hierarchical Cross-Classified Linear Modeling," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-18, December.
- Maria Abreu & Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2011. "Migration and inter-industry mobility of UK graduates: Effect on earnings and career satisfaction," ERSA conference papers ersa11p118, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:27:y:1997:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.