The Returns to Migration: The Influence of Education and Migration Type
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Cornelissen, 2008. "The Stata command felsdvreg to fit a linear model with two high-dimensional fixed effects," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(2), pages 170-189, June.
- Jeffrey Yankow, 1999. "The Wage Dynamics of Internal Migration within the United States," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 265-278, Summer.
- Herzog, Henry W, Jr & Hofler, Richard A & Schlottmann, Alan M, 1985. "Life on the Frontier: Migrant Information, Earnings and Past Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 373-382, August.
- Dierx, Adriaan H., 1988. "A life-cycle model of repeat migration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 383-397, August.
- Schwartz, Aba, 1973. "Interpreting the Effect of Distance on Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(5), pages 1153-1169, Sept.-Oct.
- E. Kenneth Grant & John Vanderkamp, 1980. "The Effects of Migration on Income: A Micro Study with Canadian Data, 1965-71," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(3), pages 381-406, August.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G & Trejo, Stephen J, 1992. "Assimilation and the Earnings of Young Internal Migrants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 170-175, February.
- Julie DaVanzo & Peter Morrison, 1981. "Return and other sequences of migration in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 18(1), pages 85-101, February.
- Ham, John C. & Li, Xianghong & Reagan, Patricia B., 2011. "Matching and semi-parametric IV estimation, a distance-based measure of migration, and the wages of young men," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 208-227, April.
- Jeffrey J. Yankow, 2003. "Migration, Job Change, and Wage Growth: A New Perspective on the Pecuniary Return to Geographic Mobility," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 483-516.
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1999. "Location and the effect of demographic traits on earnings," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 445-461, July.
- Vanderkamp, John, 1971. "Migration Flows, Their Determinants and the Effects of Return Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(5), pages 1012-1031, Sept.-Oct.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John V. Winters, 2017.
"Do earnings by college major affect graduate migration?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 59(3), pages 629-649, November.
- Winters, John V., 2015. "Do Earnings by College Major Affect Graduate Migration?," IZA Discussion Papers 9512, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John V. Winters, 2016. "Do Earnings by College Major Affect Graduate Migration?," Economics Working Paper Series 1604, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Ilya Kashnitsky & Nikita Mkrtchyan & Oleg Leshukov, 2016. "Interregional Migration of Youths in Russia: A Comprehensive Analysis of Demographic Statistics," Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 3, pages 169-203.
- Thomas A. Knapp & Nancy E. White, 2016. "The Effect Of Youth Poverty Rates And Migration On Adult Wages," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 239-256, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:44:y:2013:i:4:p:589-607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.