A review of collective action in rural Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Varughese, George & Ostrom, Elinor, 2001. "The Contested Role of Heterogeneity in Collective Action: Some Evidence from Community Forestry in Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 747-765, May.
- Hussi, P. & Murphy, J. & Lindberg, O. & Brenneman, L., 1993. "The Development of Cooperatives and Other Rural Organizations: The Role of the World Bank," Papers 199, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Collion, Marie-Hélène & de Janvry, Alain & Rondot, Pierre & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2008. "Do Village Organizations Make a Difference in African Rural Development? A Study for Senegal and Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2188-2204, November.
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Ruben, Ruerd, 2008. "The Life Cycle of Agricultural Cooperatives: Implications for Management and Governance in Ethiopia," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 36(2), pages 1-16.
- Onumah, Gideon & Davis, Junior & Kleih, Ulrich & Proctor, Felicity, 2007. "Empowering Smallholder Farmers in Markets: Changing agricultural marketing systems and innovative responses by producer organizations," MPRA Paper 25984, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tanguy Bernard & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse & Eleni Gabre‐Madhin, 2008. "Impact of cooperatives on smallholders' commercialization behavior: evidence from Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 147-161, September.
- Michael E. Sykuta & Michael L. Cook, 2001. "A New Institutional Economics Approach to Contracts and Cooperatives," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1273-1279.
- Durkheim, Emile, 1897. "De la division du travail social," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 2, number durkheim.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Spielman, David J., 2009. "Reaching the rural poor through rural producer organizations? A study of agricultural marketing cooperatives in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 60-69, February.
- Kostas Karantininis & Angelo Zago, 2001. "Endogenous Membership in Mixed Duopsonies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1266-1272.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Imperfect Information and Rural Credit Markets--Puzzles and Policy Perspectives," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 235-250, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephanie Barrientos & Adwoa Owusuaa Bobie, 2016. "Promoting Gender equality in the cocoa-chocolate value chain: opportunities and challenges in Ghana," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 062016, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Chhokar, Jagdeep S. & Babu, Suresh Chandra & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2014. "Improving the food policy process: Lessons from capacity strengthening of parliamentarians in Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1401, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nyamekye, Isaac & Fiankor, Dela-Dem Doe & Ntoni, Jonathan Okyere, 2016. "Effect Of Human Capital On Maize Productivity In Ghana: A Quantile Regression Approach," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 4(2), pages 1-11, April.
- Onumah, Justina A. & Williams, Portia Adade & Quaye, Wilhelmina & Akuffobea, Mavis & Onumah, Edward E., 2014. "Smallholder Cocoa Farmers Access to On/Off-Farm Support Services and its Contribution to Output in the Eastern Region of Ghana," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society (AESS), vol. 4(10), pages 1-12, October.
- Slavova, Mira & Metiu , Anca, 2015. "Ritualization and the Process of Knowledge Transfer," ESSEC Working Papers WP1511, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Lu, Wencong & Horlu, Godwin Seyram Agbemavor Kwasi, 2019. "Transition of small farms in Ghana: perspectives of farm heritage, employment and networks," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 434-452.
- Salifu, Adam & Funk, Rebecca Lee & Keefe, Meagan & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2012. "Farmer based organizations in Ghana:," GSSP working papers 31, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Catherine Ragasa & Jennifer Golan, 2014.
"The role of rural producer organizations for agricultural service provision in fragile states,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(5), pages 537-553, September.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Golan, Jennifer, 2012. "The role of rural producer organizations for agricultural service provision in fragile states:," IFPRI discussion papers 1235, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ragasa, Catherine & Golan, Jennifer, 2012. "The Role of Rural Producer Organizations for Agricultural Service Provision in Fragile States," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124657, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Adong, Annet & Mwaura, Francis & Okoboi, Geofrey, 2012.
"What factors determine membership to farmer groups in Uganda? Evidence from the Uganda Census of Agriculture 2008/9,"
148950, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Adong, Annet & Mwaura, Francis & Okoboi, Geofrey, 2013. "What factors determine membership to farmer groups in Uganda? Evidence from the Uganda Census of Agriculture 2008/9," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160559, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mira Slavova & Anca Metiu, 2015. "Ritualization and the Process of Knowledge Transfer," Working Papers hal-01184948, HAL.
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Wouterse, Fleur, 2011. "The renewed case for farmers' cooperatives: Diagnostics and implications from Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 1129, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Scheiterle, Lilli & Birner, Regina, 2018. "Gender, knowledge and power: A case study of Market Queens in Ghana," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274125, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural cooperatives; Collective action; farmer-based organizations; reviews;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-07-31 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-07-31 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2010-07-31 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.