A review of collective action in rural Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Varughese, George & Ostrom, Elinor, 2001. "The Contested Role of Heterogeneity in Collective Action: Some Evidence from Community Forestry in Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 747-765, May.
- Hussi, P. & Murphy, J. & Lindberg, O. & Brenneman, L., 1993. "The Development of Cooperatives and Other Rural Organizations: The Role of the World Bank," Papers 199, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Collion, Marie-Hélène & de Janvry, Alain & Rondot, Pierre & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2008. "Do Village Organizations Make a Difference in African Rural Development? A Study for Senegal and Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2188-2204, November.
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Ruben, Ruerd, 2008. "The Life Cycle of Agricultural Cooperatives: Implications for Management and Governance in Ethiopia," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 36(2).
- Onumah, Gideon & Davis, Junior & Kleih, Ulrich & Proctor, Felicity, 2007. "Empowering Smallholder Farmers in Markets: Changing agricultural marketing systems and innovative responses by producer organizations," MPRA Paper 25984, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tanguy Bernard & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse & Eleni Gabre-Madhin, 2008. "Impact of cooperatives on smallholders' commercialization behavior: evidence from Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 147-161, September.
- Michael E. Sykuta & Michael L. Cook, 2001. "A New Institutional Economics Approach to Contracts and Cooperatives," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1273-1279.
- Durkheim, Emile, 1897. "De la division du travail social," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 2, number durkheim.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Spielman, David J., 2009. "Reaching the rural poor through rural producer organizations? A study of agricultural marketing cooperatives in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 60-69, February.
- Kostas Karantininis & Angelo Zago, 2001. "Endogenous Membership in Mixed Duopsonies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1266-1272.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Imperfect Information and Rural Credit Markets--Puzzles and Policy Perspectives," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 235-250, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salifu, Adam & Funk, Rebecca Lee & Keefe, Meagan & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2012. "Farmer based organizations in Ghana:," GSSP working papers 31, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Catherine Ragasa & Jennifer Golan, 2014.
"The role of rural producer organizations for agricultural service provision in fragile states,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(5), pages 537-553, September.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Golan, Jennifer, 2012. "The role of rural producer organizations for agricultural service provision in fragile states:," IFPRI discussion papers 1235, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ragasa, Catherine & Golan, Jennifer, 2012. "The Role of Rural Producer Organizations for Agricultural Service Provision in Fragile States," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124657, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chhokar, Jagdeep S. & Babu, Suresh Chandra & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2014. "Improving the food policy process: Lessons from capacity strengthening of parliamentarians in Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1401, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nyamekye, Isaac & Fiankor, Dela-Dem Doe & Ntoni, Jonathan Okyere, 2. "Effect Of Human Capital On Maize Productivity In Ghana: A Quantile Regression Approach," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 4(2).
- Adong, Annet & Mwaura, Francis & Okoboi, Geofrey, 2012.
"What factors determine membership to farmer groups in Uganda? Evidence from the Uganda Census of Agriculture 2008/9,"
148950, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Adong, Annet & Mwaura, Francis & Okoboi, Geofrey, 2013. "What factors determine membership to farmer groups in Uganda? Evidence from the Uganda Census of Agriculture 2008/9," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160559, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mira Slavova & Anca Metiu, 2015. "Ritualization and the Process of Knowledge Transfer," Working Papers hal-01184948, HAL.
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Wouterse, Fleur, 2011. "The renewed case for farmers' cooperatives: Diagnostics and implications from Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 1129, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Slavova, Mira & Metiu , Anca, 2015. "Ritualization and the Process of Knowledge Transfer," ESSEC Working Papers WP1511, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural cooperatives; Collective action; farmer-based organizations; reviews;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-07-31 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-07-31 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-07-31 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .