What factors determine membership to farmer groups in Uganda? Evidence from the Uganda Census of Agriculture 2008/9
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Adong, Annet & Mwaura, Francis & Okoboi, Geofrey, 2013. "What factors determine membership to farmer groups in Uganda? Evidence from the Uganda Census of Agriculture 2008/9," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160559, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Salifu, Adam & Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2010. "A review of collective action in rural Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 998, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Davis, K. & Nkonya, E. & Kato, E. & Mekonnen, D.A. & Odendo, M. & Miiro, R. & Nkuba, J., 2012.
"Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Agricultural Productivity and Poverty in East Africa,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 402-413.
- Davis, Kristin & Nkonya, Ephraim & Kato, Edward & Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Odendo, Martins & Miiro, Richard & Nkuba, Jackson, 2010. "Impact of farmer field schools on agricultural productivity and poverty in East Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 992, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barbara Lepidus Carlson & Brenda G. Cox & Linda S. Bandeh, "undated". "SAS Macros Useful in Imputing Missing Survey Data," Mathematica Policy Research Reports bdb953e71b8147a18e41726dc, Mathematica Policy Research.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:457106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kyazze, Lawrence M., 2010. "Cooperatives the sleeping economic and social giants in Uganda," ILO Working Papers 995017193102676, International Labour Organization.
- Okoboi, Geofrey & Muwanika, Fred Roland & Nyende, Majidu & Mugisha, Xavier, 2011. "Economic and institutional efficiency of the National Agricultural Advisory Services’ Programme: The case of Iganga District," Research Series 113622, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Loevinsohn, Michael E. & Mugarura, Johnson & Nkusi, Augustin, 1994. "Cooperation and innovation by farmer groups: Scale in the development of Rwandan valley farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 141-155.
- repec:mpr:mprres:2182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kyazze, Lawrence M., 2010. "Cooperatives : the sleeping economic and social giants in Uganda," ILO Working Papers 994571063402676, International Labour Organization.
- Läpple, Doris & Rensburg, Tom Van, 2011. "Adoption of organic farming: Are there differences between early and late adoption?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1406-1414, May.
- Obwona, Marios & Ssewanyana, Sarah, 2007. "Development Impact of Higher Education in Africa: the case of Uganda," Policy Briefs 150535, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Ainembabazi, John Herbert, 2007. "Landlessness within the vicious cycle of poverty in Ugandan rural farm household: why and how it is born?," Research Series 150485, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florence Nakazi & Paul Aseete & Enid Katungi & Michael Adrogu Ugen, 2017. "The potential and limits of farmers’ groups as catalysts of women leaders," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1348326-134, January.
- Emmanuel Oladeji Alamu & Pheneas Ntawuruhunga & Terence Chibwe & Ivor Mukuka & Martin Chiona, 2019. "Evaluation of cassava processing and utilization at household level in Zambia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(1), pages 141-150, February.
- Dyah Gandasari Achdiyat, 2018. "Relationship between Leadership of the Board with the Effectiveness of Farmers Group," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 8(7), pages 573-582, July.
- Ellinor Isgren & Barry Ness, 2017. "Agroecology to Promote Just Sustainability Transitions: Analysis of a Civil Society Network in the Rwenzori Region, Western Uganda," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-20, August.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Crop Production/Industries; Farm Management; Labor and Human Capital; Productivity Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-06-04 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-06-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2013-06-04 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eprcrs:148950. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eprccug.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.