Assessing household vulnerability to climate change: The case of farmers in the Nile Basin of Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Skoufias, 2003. "Consumption smoothing in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(1), pages 67-91, March.
- Deressa, Temesgen Tadesse, 2007. "Measuring the economic impact of climate change on Ethiopian agriculture : Ricardian approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4342, The World Bank.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2004. "Growth and shocks: evidence from rural Ethiopia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 309-329, August.
- Hoddinott, John & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2003. "Methods for microeconometric risk and vulnerability assessments," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29138, The World Bank.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability: The Director's Cut," WIDER Working Paper Series 086, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003.
"Consumption insurance and vulnerability to poverty,"
155, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003. "Consumption insurance and vulnerability to poverty," FCND discussion papers 155, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ethan Ligon & Laura Schechter, 2003.
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 95-102, March.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19899, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ligon, Ethan & Laura Schechter, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 128, Royal Economic Society.
- Neil Adger, W., 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-269, February.
- Susan L. Cutter & Bryan J. Boruff & W. Lynn Shirley, 2003. "Social Vulnerability to Environmental Hazards," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(2), pages 242-261.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "Vulnerability, seasonality and poverty in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 25-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaimie Kim B. Arias & Ma. Emilinda T. Mendoza & Vicente G. Ballaran, Jr. & Rowena A. Dorado, 2016. "Household Vulnerability to Climate Change in Selected Municipalities in Laguna, Philippines," EEPSEA Research Report rr20160331, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Mar 2016.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Sarker, Md Abdur Rashid, 2014. "Climate change and farm-level adaptation decisions and strategies in drought-prone and groundwater-depleted areas of Bangladesh: an empirical investigation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 204-213.
- Javier E. Baez & Dorothy Kronick & Andrew D. Mason, 2013.
"Rural Households in a Changing Climate,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(2), pages 267-289, August.
- Baez, Javier E. & Kronick, Dorothy & Mason, Andrew D., 2012. "Rural Households in a Changing Climate," IZA Discussion Papers 6872, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Baez, Javier E. & Kronick, Dorothy & Mason, Andrew D., 2013. "Rural households in a changing climate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6326, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsVulnerability to climate extremes; Nile Basin of Ethiopia; Minimum daily income; Climate change;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-01-16 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-01-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-01-16 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-01-16 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:935. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .