Measuring Ethiopian farmers' vulnerability to climate change across regional states:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kurukulasuriya, Pradeep & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2008.
"A Ricardian analysis of the impact of climate change on African cropland,"
African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(1), March.
- Kurukulasuriya, Pradeep & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2007. "A ricardian analysis of the impact of climate change on African cropland," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4305, The World Bank.
- Emmanuel Skoufias, 2003. "Consumption smoothing in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(1), pages 67-91, March.
- Filmer, Deon*Pritchett, Lant, 1998. "Estimating wealth effects without expenditure data - or tears : with an application to educational enrollments in states of India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1994, The World Bank.
- Ethan Ligon & Laura Schechter, 2003.
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 95-102, March.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19899, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ligon, Ethan & Laura Schechter, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 128, Royal Economic Society.
- Neil Adger, W., 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-269, February.
- Hoddinott, John & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2003. "Methods for microeconometric risk and vulnerability assessments," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29138, The World Bank.
- Susan L. Cutter & Bryan J. Boruff & W. Lynn Shirley, 2003. "Social Vulnerability to Environmental Hazards," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(2), pages 242-261.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-771, September.
- Sudarno Sumarto & Daniel Suryadarma & Asep Suryahadi, 2007.
"Predicting Consumption Poverty using Non-Consumption Indicators: Experiments using Indonesian Data,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, pages 543-578.
- Sudarno Sumarto & Daniel Suryadarma & Asep Suryahadi, 2006. "Predicting Consumption Poverty Using Non-consumption Indicators : Experiments Using Indonesian Data," Development Economics Working Papers 22542, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Moser, Caroline O. N., 1998. "The asset vulnerability framework: Reassessing urban poverty reduction strategies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-19, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Deribe, Rahel & Abera, Samuel & Kassahun, Meseret Molla, 2013. "Crop-Livestock Inter-linkages and Climate Change Implications for Ethiopia’s Agriculture: A Ricardian Approach," Discussion Papers dp-13-14-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Stage, Jesper & Mekonnen, Alemu & Alemu, Atlaw, 2011. "Climate Change and the Ethiopian Economy: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Discussion Papers dp-11-09-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Barr, Rhona F. & Fankhauser, Samuel & Hamilton, Kirk, 2010. "The allocation of adaptation funding," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 30161, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jolejole-Foreman, Maria Christina & Baylis, Katherine R. & Lipper, Leslie, 2012. "Land Degradation’s Implications on Agricultural Value of Production in Ethiopia: A look inside the bowl," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126251, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mintewab Bezabih & Abe Damte Beyene & Zenebe Gebreegziabher & Livousew Borga, 2013. "Social Capital, climate change and soil conservation investment: panel data evidence from the Highlands of Ethiopia," GRI Working Papers 115, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- R. Varadan & Pramod Kumar, 2015. "Mapping agricultural vulnerability of Tamil Nadu, India to climate change: a dynamic approach to take forward the vulnerability assessment methodology," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 129(1), pages 159-181, March.
- Aavudai Anandhi & Jean L. Steiner & Nathaniel Bailey, 2016. "A system’s approach to assess the exposure of agricultural production to climate change and variability," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 647-659, June.
- Iqbal, Muhammad & Ahmad, Munir & Mustafa, Ghulam, 2015. "Climate Change, Vulnerability, Food Security and Human Health in Rural Pakistan: A Gender Perspective," MPRA Paper 72866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Sun, Yan & Bryan, Elizabeth & Abate, Caroline & Atlaw, Alumu & Keita, Mahamadou Namori, 2013. "Organizational and institutional issues in climate change adaptation and risk management: Insights from practitionersâ€™ survey in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Mali," IFPRI discussion papers 1279, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Azeem, Muhammad Masood & Mugera, Amin W. & Schilizzi, Steven, 2016. "Poverty and vulnerability in the Punjab, Pakistan: A multilevel analysis," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 57-72.
- Anandhi, Aavudai, 2017. "CISTA-A: Conceptual model using indicators selected by systems thinking for adaptation strategies in a changing climate: Case study in agro-ecosystems," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 345(C), pages 41-55.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Vulnerability; adaptive capacity; regional states of Ethiopia;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-11-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2008-11-04 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.