Effects of agricultural mechanization on smallholders and their self-selection into farming: An insight from the Nepal Terai
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Seung‐Hyun Hong, 2013. "Measuring The Effect Of Napster On Recorded Music Sales: Difference‐In‐Differences Estimates Under Compositional Changes," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(2), pages 297-324, March.
- Michael Lechner, 2002. "Program Heterogeneity And Propensity Score Matching: An Application To The Evaluation Of Active Labor Market Policies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 205-220, May.
- Romina Cavatassi & Lina Salazar & Mario González‐Flores & Paul Winters, 2011. "How do Agricultural Programmes Alter Crop Production? Evidence from Ecuador," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 403-428, June.
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Hyacinth O. Edeh & Akeem O. Lawal & Moshudi A. Isiaka, 2015. "Characteristics of Private-Sector Tractor Service Provisions: Insights from Nigeria," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 53(3), pages 188-217, September.
- Michael Lechner & Ruth Miquel, 2010.
"Identification of the effects of dynamic treatments by sequential conditional independence assumptions,"
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 111-137, August.
- Michael Lechner & Ruth Miquel, 2005. "Identification of the Effects of Dynamic Treatments by Sequential Conditional Independence Assumptions," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-17, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Cattaneo, Matias D., 2010. "Efficient semiparametric estimation of multi-valued treatment effects under ignorability," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 138-154, April.
- Marco Caliendo & Reinhard Hujer, 2006.
"The microeconometric estimation of treatment effects—An overview,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 90(1), pages 199-215, March.
- Caliendo, Marco & Hujer, Reinhard, 2005. "The Microeconometric Estimation of Treatment Effects - An Overview," IZA Discussion Papers 1653, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jinyong Hahn, 1998. "On the Role of the Propensity Score in Efficient Semiparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 315-332, March.
- Matias Busso & John DiNardo & Justin McCrary, 2014. "New Evidence on the Finite Sample Properties of Propensity Score Reweighting and Matching Estimators," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 96(5), pages 885-897, December.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2016. "Rising real wages, mechanization and growing advantage of large farms: Evidence from Indonesia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 62-69.
- Shakeeb Khan & Elie Tamer, 2010. "Irregular Identification, Support Conditions, and Inverse Weight Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(6), pages 2021-2042, November.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2012. "Onset risk and draft animal investment in nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 1198, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Liu, Yanyan & Violette, William & Barrett, Christopher B., 2016. "Structural transformation and intertemporal evolution of real wages, machine use, and farm sizeâ€“productivity relationships in Vietnam:," IFPRI discussion papers 1525, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hiroyuki Takeshima, 2017.
"Overview of the Evolution of Agricultural Mechanization in Nepal: A Focus on Tractors and Combine Harvesters,"
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017. "Overview of the evolution of agricultural mechanization in Nepal: A focus on tractors and combine harvesters," IFPRI discussion papers 1662, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:spr:scient:v:113:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2477-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmechanization; smallholders; large farms; surveys; transitional farming; farming systems;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-02-19 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.