The cost of banking regulation: a review of the evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert H. Frank & Thomas Gilovich & Dennis T. Regan, 1993. "Does Studying Economics Inhibit Cooperation?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 159-171, Spring.
- Becker, Gary S, 1993. "Nobel Lecture: The Economic Way of Looking at Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 385-409, June.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Rose, Nancy L., 1989. "The effects of economic regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1449-1506 Elsevier.
- Gruenspecht, Howard K. & Lave, Lester B., 1989. "The economics of health, safety, and environmental regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 26, pages 1507-1550 Elsevier.
- Frederick J. Schroeder, 1985. "Compliance costs and consumer benefits of the electronic fund transfer act : recent survey evidence," Staff Studies 143, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barth, James R, et al, 1983. " The Effect of Government Regulations on Personal Loan Markets: A Tobit Estimation of a Microeconomic Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1233-1251, September.
- Timothy H. Hannan, 1989. "The impact of bank regulatory requirements on large corporate lending," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Herbert L. Baer, 1988. "Regulatory burden handicaps low-risk banking," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Eling & David Pankoke, 2016.
"Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation: An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 529-554, October.
- Eling, Martin & Pankoke, David, 2014. "Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation – An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies," Working Papers on Finance 1420, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Cull, Robert & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2011.
"Does Regulatory Supervision Curtail Microfinance Profitability and Outreach?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 949-965, June.
- Cull , Robert & Demirguc-Kunt , Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2009. "Does regulatory supervision curtail microfinance profitability and outreach ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4948, The World Bank.
- Alessandro Carretta & Vincenzo Farina & Paola Schwizer, 2010. "The “day after” Basel 2: do regulators comply with banking culture?," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 316-332, November.
- Ana María Olaya Pardo & Manuel Ramírez Gómez, 2004. "Aversión al riesgo y eficiencia de escala en los bancos: Incluyendo variables de riesgo y regulación," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÓN 004346, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Whalen, Gary W., 2008. "The impact of preemption of the Georgia Fair Lending Act by the OCC on national and state banks and the dual banking system," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 772-791, November.
- Parashar Kulkarni, 2010. "Pushing lenders to over-comply with environmental regulations: A developing country perspective," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 470-482.
- Schüler, Martin & Heinemann, Friedrich, 2005. "The Costs of Supervisory Fragmentation in Europe," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Schenkel, Andreas, 2016. "Kosten der Compliance-Regulierung: Eine empirische Untersuchung am Beispiel der deutschen Genossenschaftsbanken," Arbeitspapiere 169, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Stephanou, Constantinos, 2005. "Supervision of financial conglomerates : the case of Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3553, The World Bank.
- Christian Bührer & Ivo Hubli & Eliane Marti, 2005. "The Regulatory Burden in the Swiss Wealth Management Industry," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 19(1), pages 99-108, June.
- Gregory Elliehausen & Barbara Lowrey, 2000. "The Costs of Implementing Regulatory Changes: The Truth in Savings Act," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 17(2), pages 165-179, August.
- Robert B. Avery & Raphael W. Bostic & Glenn B. Canner, 2003. "Assessing the CRA's Necessity and Efficiency," Working Paper 8606, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Carretta, Alessandro & Farina, Vincenzo & Schwizer, Paola, 2006. "Coordination & cooperation in financial regulation: Do regulators comply with banking culture?," MPRA Paper 8301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking law ; Bank supervision;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgss:171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.