The cross section of money market fund risks and financial crises
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Susan E. K. Christoffersen, 2001. "Why Do Money Fund Managers Voluntarily Waive Their Fees?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1117-1140, June.
- Song Han & Dan Li, 2009. "Liquidity, runs, and security design: lessons from the collapse of the auction rate municipal bond market," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Ali Hortacsu & Chad Syverson, 2003. "Product Differentiation, Search Costs, and Competition in the Mutual Fund Industry: A Case Study of the S&P 500 Index Funds," NBER Working Papers 9728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jank, Stephan & Wedow, Michael, 2015.
"Sturm und Drang in money market funds: When money market funds cease to be narrow,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 59-70.
- Jank, Stephan & Wedow, Michael, 2008. "Sturm und Drang in money market funds: when money market funds cease to be narrow," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,20, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Jank, Stephan & Wedow, Michael, 2010. "Sturm und Drang in money market funds: When money market funds cease to be narrow," CFR Working Papers 10-16, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Chevalier, Judith & Ellison, Glenn, 1997.
"Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1167-1200, December.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Glenn D. Ellison, 1995. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," NBER Working Papers 5234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, J. & Ellison, G., 1996. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," Working papers 96-3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Lyon, Andrew B, 1984. " Money Market Funds and Shareholder Dilution," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1011-1020, September.
- Daniel M. Covitz & J. Nellie Liang & Gustavo A. Suarez, 2009. "The evolution of a financial crisis: panic in the asset-backed commercial paper market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Burcu Duygan-Bump & Patrick Parkinson & Eric Rosengren & Gustavo A. Suarez & Paul Willen, 2013.
"How Effective Were the Federal Reserve Emergency Liquidity Facilities? Evidence from the Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Money Market Mutual Fund Liquidity Facility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 68(2), pages 715-737, April.
- Burcu Duygan-Bump & Patrick M. Parkinson & Eric S. Rosengren & Gustavo A. Suarez & Paul S. Willen, 2010. "How effective were the Federal Reserve emergency liquidity facilities?: evidence from the Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Money Market Mutual Fund Liquidity Facility," Risk and Policy Analysis Unit Working Paper QAU10-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Pennacchi, George, 2006. "Deposit insurance, bank regulation, and financial system risks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Naohiko Baba & Robert N McCauley & Srichander Ramaswamy, 2009. "US dollar money market funds and non-US banks," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Tkac, Paula A., 2002. "The Determinants of the Flow of Funds of Managed Portfolios: Mutual Funds vs. Pension Funds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 523-557, December.
- DeGennaro, Ramon P & Domian, Dale L, 1996. "Market Efficiency and Money Market Fund Portfolio Managers: Beliefs versus Reality," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 453-474, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huberto Ennis & Todd Keister, 2016.
"Optimal banking contracts and financial fragility,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 61(2), pages 335-363, February.
- Haghani Rizi, Majid & Kishor, N. Kundan, 2017. "The Dynamic Relationship Among the Money Market Mutual Funds, the Commercial Paper Market and the Repo Market," MPRA Paper 83471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012. "Entérese rápidamente de la crisis financiera: guía de lectura para un fin de semana," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 14(26), pages 15-46, January-J.
- Daniel Covitz & Nellie Liang & Tobias Adrian, 2015.
"Financial Stability Monitoring,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 357-395, December.
- Tobias Adrian & Daniel M. Covitz & J. Nellie Liang, 2013. "Financial stability monitoring," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-21, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tobias Adrian & Daniel M. Covitz & J. Nellie Liang, 2014. "Financial Stability Monitoring," FEDS Notes 2014-08-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Adrian, Tobias & Covitz, Daniel M. & Liang, J. Nellie, 2013. "Financial stability monitoring," Staff Reports 601, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Jun 2014.
- Collins, Sean & Gallagher, Emily, 2016. "Assessing the credit risk of money market funds during the eurozone crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 150-165.
- Zoltan Pozsar, 2014. "Shadow Banking: The Money View," Working Papers 14-04, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Gertler, M. & Kiyotaki, N. & Prestipino, A., 2016.
"Wholesale Banking and Bank Runs in Macroeconomic Modeling of Financial Crises,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
- Mark Gertler & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Andrea Prestipino, 2016. "Wholesale Banking and Bank Runs in Macroeconomic Modelling of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 21892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gertler, Mark & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Prestipino, Andrea, 2016. "Wholesale Banking and Bank Runs in Macroeconomic Modeling of Financial Crises," International Finance Discussion Papers 1156, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Di Maggio, Marco & Kacperczyk, Marcin, 2017.
"The unintended consequences of the zero lower bound policy,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 59-80.
- Marco Di Maggio & Marcin Kacperczyk, 2016. "The Unintended Consequences of the Zero Lower Bound Policy," NBER Working Papers 22351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gallagher, Emily & Schmidt, Lawrence & Timmermann, Allan G & Wermers, Russ, 2017. "Transparency, Investor Information Acquisition, and Money Market Fund Risk Rebalancing during the 2011-12 Eurozone Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11895, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney market funds ; Mutual funds ; Asset-backed financing;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-10-30 (Banking)
- NEP-MON-2010-10-30 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2010-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.